1406 Senior Clerk
|Filing Deadline||12/3/2012 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$20.83 - $25.29/hour|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
The San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center,
Eligibility, is recruiting for as needed, non-benefited, positions in Class 1406 Sr. Clerk.
Note: the applicant pool from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies up to six months from the time this recruitment closes.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under general supervision, 1406 Senior Clerk, performs difficult, responsible and specialized clerical work, may assign clerical and office work to subordinate personnel and perform related duties as required. Essential duties include:
Codes and indexes documents, records and correspondence. Methods may include color code, terminal digit, numerical, alphabetical and/or chronological order to ensure proper filing and ready access of data.
Disseminates information and answers inquiries by communicating with the public, departmental personnel and other departments.
Explains and interprets existing laws, regulations and administrative policies governing the activities of the assigned office to the general public and other City personnel.
Checks and reviews a variety of documents for completeness and accuracy.
Files, maintains and retrieves documents, records and correspondence in accordance with established procedures.
Compiles information and data necessary for the preparation of various departmental reports in which judgment may be exercised in the selection of data and materials.
Prepares and maintains a variety of reports in which judgment may be exercised in the selection of data and materials.
Makes mathematical computations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
Exercises sound judgment and utilizes knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and procedures in solving daily clerical and office problems.
Receives a variety of telephone and in-person calls and routes such calls and individuals to proper places.
Receives and accounts for moderate amounts of money from the collection of fees and similar sources.
Operates office equipment, including calculators, photocopying equipment, adding machines, computer terminals, microfiche viewers, fax machines and postage meters.
Processes mail: opens, time stamps, sorts and distributes the incoming mail; stuffs and seals envelopes; makes daily pickup and delivery to ensure timely mailing and receipt of mail.
Performs other related duties as assigned or needed.
1. Two (2) years of verifiable clerical experience; OR
2. Eighteen (18) months of verifiable clerical experience AND completion of a clerical training program (240 hours); OR
3. Eighteen (18) months of verifiable clerical experience AND fifteen (15) semester units of coursework from an accredited college or university.
How To Apply
City and County of San Francisco employment applications may be filed online only. Begin the application process by clicking on the “Apply” button.
- Click on “I am a New User” or “I have previously applied”
- Follow instructions given on the screen
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th floor, San Francisco, for use by the general public. The hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m, to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. You need to get there no later than 4:30 p.m. for assistance by DHR staff.
VERFICATION (PROOF) OF EDUCATION ANDOR EXPERIENCE:
All applicants must be able to produce employment verification(s) if requested throughout the application process. Failure to present documentation may result in rejection of application and removal from the application process.
All applicants must be able to produce a copy of required licenses and/or certifications when requested throughout the application process. Failure to provide verification(s) may result in rejection of application and removal from the application process.
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate the qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
1. Applicants are encouraged to keep copies of all documents submitted. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
2. Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
3. Remember to indicate: Attn: TEX-1406-059695 Senior Clerk on all correspondence.
4. Ensure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Issued on November 17, 2012
Team DPH/HD 415.206,5424
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.