5290 Transit Planner IV
|Date Opened||5/23/2008 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/20/2008 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$91,962.00 - $111,774.00/year|
|Job Type||CBT Discrete|
5290 TRANSIT PLANNER IV
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION : Under general administrative supervision the Transit Planner IV performs work in urban mass transit and/or transportation planning and manages or supervises a major transit or transportation planning study or project. Essential functions of this class include: analyzing and evaluating transportation related data; preparing and/or supervising the preparation of reports on more complex and difficult planning issues; developing, interpreting, coordinating, carrying out and monitoring urban transit or transportation policy and planning work, including completion of complex written documents and reports; supervising the design and preparation of models, maps, charts and other graphic materials to illustrate plans and or reports; developing and evaluating proposals for planning and coordinating the implementation of transit route and service changes; preparing plans and projections of future transit, transportation, economic or demographic conditions and trends; investigating and reviewing federal and state legislation and regulations for potential impact on transit/transportation plans and programs; preparing budgets, schedules and contracts for major projects; representing the department in public meetings, governmental/regulatory agency hearings, peer working groups, Board of Supervisors and Commission meetings to explain transit planning and transportation planning policies, procedures, regulations, programs and projects and preparing and reviewing correspondence in response to public, Commission and/or other agency inquires. The Transit Planner IV also performs related duties as required.
NATURE OF POSITIONS
Positions are utilized within various departments/locations throughout the City and
1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; AND six (6) years of transit planning and/or transportation planning experience; OR
2. Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Planning, Transportation, Transportation Engineering, Public Administration or other closely related field; AND four (4) years of transit planning and/or transportation experience.
1. Additional transit planning and/or transportation planning experience beyond the Minimum Qualifications may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for year basis.
2. Additional post-graduate education as described in item 2 of the Minimum Qualifications may be substituted for required experience on a year-for-year basis (30 semester units/45 quarter units equal one (1) year of experience).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
Some positions may require possession of a valid California Driver’s license.
How To Apply
· Click and select the desired job announcement
· Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
· Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or on “I have REGISTERED PREVIOUSLY”
· Follow instructions given on the screen.
Interested candidates are encouraged to immediately apply. If you have any questions regarding this recruitment process please contact Anna M. Biasbas at (415) 551-8930 or via email at Anna.Biasbas@sfgov.org.
Resumes may be attached to the application; however, resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed City and
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources,
Applicants may be required to submit verification (proof) of qualifying education and experience, at any point in the application, examination or departmental selection process. A copy of all applicable transcripts, or diplomas, or licenses must be submitted when requested. Verification of experience, when requested, must be on the employer’s letterhead and must show the name of the applicant, job title(s), duties, dates of service, and must be signed by the employer and/or appropriate representative. City employment may be verified by submitting a performance evaluation in lieu of other verification. City and County employees will receive credit for the duties of the class to which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee’s class will only be allowed if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. City employees relying upon qualifying work experience gained outside the City and
Training and Experience Evaluation : The information provided by candidates in the job application, verification (if requested) and applicable documentation will be evaluated in terms of duration and relevance to class 5290 Transit Planner IV job-related knowledge, skills and abilities. All relevant experience must be on the application in order to be reviewed in the rating process. Candidates will be placed on the eligible list in rank order according to their final score.
CERTIFICATION RULE : The certification rule for the ranked eligible list resulting from this examination will be Rule of the List.
Disaster Service Workers
All City and County of San Francisco employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
GENERAL NOTES :
1. Applicants are advised to keep copies of all documents submitted. Submitted documents become a permanent part of the exam record and will not be returned. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
2. The hiring department may administer additional position-specific selection procedures to make final hiring decisions.
All City and
4. Qualified candidates with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation for this examination process must contact the examination analyst by phone at : (415) 551- 8930(Voice) or, if hearing-impaired, dial: (415) 557 - 4810 (TDD), or in writing at: Department of Human Resources, Attn: Class 5290 Transit Planner IV, 44 Gough Street, San Francisco, CA 94103-1233 , as soon as possible.
General information concerning City and
6. The names of all qualified applicants will remain on the eligible list for twelve (12) months, or until they are selected for a permanent position, whichever comes first.
8. Remember to indicate: Attn: 5290 Transit Planner IV on all correspondence.
PROMOTIVE & ENTRANCE
ISSUED: May 23, 2008
ANNOUNCEMENT NO: CBT-5290- 054845
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
TELEPHONE: (415) 551-8930 (AMB)
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES