|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||12/5/2013 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/15/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Computer Analyst/Programmer for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services/Information Services Division. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma State government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Provide primary Subject Matter Expertise and software development for the agency mission critical FACS Application. This application connects with primary data sources in IBM’s DB2 and IMS, interfaces through web services with OKDHSLive! Senior level Knowledge and Experience using PowerBuilder and these supporting technologies is desired.
• Serve as second level support for help desk tickets.
• Consults with division directors and other managers on complex system or program needs in to identify parameters, feasibility, etc.
• Work with other systems analysts, programmers, technicians, and managers in the design, testing and evaluation of systems (primary focus is FACS). Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing/interfacing systems, and make purchase recommendations.
• Develop and write plans, documentation, and procedures regarding installation and troubleshooting of server hardware and software to assist in maintaining the integrity of assigned systems.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities but will be the primary Technical lead and Subject Matter Expert for the FACS system.
• Senior level knowledge and demonstrable skill using PowerBuilder, PVCS, Web Services, IBM Mainframe, DB2, DB2 Connect, IMS, and IMS Connect.
• Requirements include a bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in Information Technology or a related field; or four years of Power Builder development and application system support experience in Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 LAN/WAN environment.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.