|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||11/15/2013 9:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/10/2015 3:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $68,000/year|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Application Specialist. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma State government located at The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation(OSBI). Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
In support of Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, the Application Specialist is responsible for maintaining, supporting, and enhancing Microsoft Access databases that support business functions and data storage for small groups of end users. They will work closely with software developers, database administrators, and functional analysts/planners to plan the migration, consolidation, or ongoing support of Microsoft Access databases. Ancillary duties require a practical basic understanding or preliminary exposure to Microsoft SQL server and general computer skills.
The principal activities include the following:
• Reviews agency plans and confers with users concerning requirements for website, web based application deployment and internet/intranet access and use. Design and implement new intranet based web applications to enhance existing technical processes and systems.
• Performs research and development on new technical solutions to enhance OSBI website and existing web based applications or recommend new upgraded systems. Analyze existing processes, identify deficiencies, and recommend solutions as tasked.
• Analyze and design program logic, screen layouts, reports, set implementation and testing criteria and plans to support development of new or enhanced computer based applications. Performs all aspects of systems design including writing required program code, database models, testing and evaluation of new technical processes and supports implementation of new applications.
• Assists a project leader on various e-commerce projects and initiatives in implementing new technologies or integrating systems across agency or technology lines; identifies and defines deviations from plan requirements and provides for modifications or changes to meeting user needs.
• Follows object oriented application development standards as out lined by OSBI MIS, prepares program documentation to support new or enhanced computer applications. Assists as needed in user training on new applications. These tasks to be completed on time.
• Conducts or coordinates user acceptance tests, performance stress, regression and integration testing; makes changes and corrections as needed. Participates in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review and provide input in development projects as requested by supervisor or project manager. These tasks to be completed on time.
• Perform research and development on new technical solutions to enhance OSBI website and existing web based applications or recommend new upgraded systems. Analyze existing processes, identify deficiencies, and recommend solutions as tasked. These tasks to be completed on time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related studies
Preference may be given to applicants who possess experience with the following:
• 1 to 2 years of experience in custom JAVA and J2EE application development preferred
• Good understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. requirements, implementation, and testing)
• Ability to use the Eclipse IDE, JAVA Compilers, Build Tools like Ant or Maven and troubleshoot build
• Experience in SEAM framework
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.