|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||11/6/2013 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/13/2014 3:26:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Information Security Project Manager for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is $63,250.00, based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to administer and oversee creation and execution of projects implementing information security systems and tools required to protect critical State assets. This position requires an individual knowledgeable in Access Control Systems; Systems Development; Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning; Incident Response and Management; Forensic Security Investigations; Telecommunications, Network and Internet Security; and Security Tools for Defense in Depth. The primary focus of this position is on ensuring the continual improvement of the security posture of the state of Oklahoma infrastructure.
Daily Activities: The functions of this job will vary, but may include the following:
• Coordinate requests from agencies related to security issues and questions.
• Create a framework to prioritize security issues then create follow up projects with roadmaps to resolve the issues.
• Create and manage projects to implement security initiatives. Track and report progress on those projects at monthly project review meetings.
• Provide the information and analysis to assist in making strategic security purchases.
• Support the OMES information security architecture and coordinate related activities with other state agencies and entities.
• Coordinate and support technologies used to defend and support our information security architecture and infrastructure.
• Respond to information security incidents for OMES and other the agencies to comply with our statewide and Agency Information Security policy, procedures and guidelines.
• Coordinate incident management procedures, including incident response and investigation, reporting to the appropriate authorities and utilizing forensic best practices as needs dictate.
• Research and stay current on the latest information security technologies.
• Coordinate and support information security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
• Provide support for the business continuity and disaster recovery planning, development and testing processes.
• Provide information security awareness education and training for OMES and other State Agencies or Entities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position requires supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Business, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus preferred and a minimum of two years of experience in information security administration or similar operations, maintenance and support of the duties and technologies described in the position purpose and principal activities; or an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, Application development, or a closely related field for each required year of education.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
*Certification as a project management professional from an accredited certification organization, such as PMI, CompTIA or GAQM.
*Proficient with network scanning, vulnerability assessment and network penetration testing tools.
*Proficient with incident management and forensics procedures.
*Experience identifying, trouble-shooting and resolving security issues related to network devices, servers and PC’s.
*Certification as an information systems security professional from an accredited certification organization, such as ISC2, ISACA or SANS.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.