|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||8/30/2013 8:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/24/2013 4:54:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Business Relationship Manager for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
The individual in this position will establish and maintain an optimal coordination, communication and liaison structure between the information technology (IT) functions and various interests inside and outside the IT functions, such as agency business units, business segment directors, executives, individual users, suppliers and security staff. This position will develop a portfolio of tactical IT plans derived from the enterprise IT strategic plan and actively manage the portfolio of IT enabled service offerings to achieve specific strategic business objectives. This position will identify, define and initiate new service requests from our customer base and market new service offerings as they are moved into production.
• Establish processes of bi-directional education and reciprocal involvement in strategic planning to achieve business and IT alignment and integration. Mediate between business and IT imperatives so priorities can be mutually agreed.
• Conduct annual reviews of IT performance with the business segments and the business segment directors.
• Respond to emerging business needs by interviewing the customer, identifying business needs, defining business requirements, communicating the request to the appropriate oversight board, developing proposals, project manage service delivery, manage the Service Level process and update agency billing information.
• Train customers on the technology used to support their business needs as required and coordinate with the training department to perform larger, formal training sessions as required.
• Maintain the Agency Services Database both for service offerings and subscribers.
• Maintain the Agency Services Catalog.
• Assist customer service manager with escalations of sensitive matters.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, business, engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus is preferred; or four years experience in service development, implementation, or marketing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of experience in computer science, information technology, marketing or closely related field for each required year of education.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess the following:
Proven successful track record of service marketing, design, implementation and delivery;
ITIL certification; COBIT certification; and experience and knowledge of PeopleSoft applications, Crystal Reports, web development.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.