|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||12/11/2013 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/17/2014 10:20:00 AM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Service Desk Analyst for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
The individual in this position will provide superior customer service to the user community and internal support staff. This person must respond to inbound calls within 30 seconds; log tickets and either solve the case or contact the appropriate support group for resolution. Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills are essential. An understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and technologies is required.
• Answer and/or respond to inbound customer calls or email requests.
• Open and record into the Help Desk tracking software all support calls from the user community. Enter all problems related to computer hardware and software or inquiries on how to use specific software such as PeopleSoft, electronic mail and operating systems.
• Work to resolve all technical trouble tickets at the Help Desk before referring to technical support. Increase each year the percentage of cases resolved by the Help Desk.
• Assign and notify Development or Infrastructure Support groups of technical trouble tickets that cannot be resolved by members of the Help Desk.
• Suggest system and process improvements for the Help Desk.
• Other assigned duties.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Two years of professional level experience as a customer service or help desk technician, a bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S) in Computer Sciences, Business, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus is a plus, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Preference may be given to those with any of the following expertise:
PC workstation, Apple Devices and OS, Android, PeopleSoft, accounts payable/receivable, or knowledge management.
This position may be filled at a lower level of Help Desk Analyst. Minimum qualifications for a Help Desk Analyst are six months of work experience in a customer service call center or help desk environment.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.