|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||8/6/2013 9:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/4/2013 09:52:00 AM|
|Salary||up to $38,443 based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Project Manager for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is up to $38,433 based on education and experience.
In support of the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality Business Segments and under general supervision; the Project Manager is responsible for Project Management functions. The Project Manager will be responsible for administering and overseeing creation and execution of projects implementing information technology efficiencies within a wide range of applications. Working with other cross functional team members, performs project tasks such as development and management of work plans, define and deliverable individual project deliverables and part of the overall program deliverables, manage the expectations of all stake holders, organizing and addressing emerging project requirements, manage project relationships, manage one or more project teams in delivering the projects, and communicate and manager tasks and activities to a schedule with the team. The Project Manager will be responsible for the project lifecycle as based upon PMBOK standards.
· Ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently, when required.
· Develop and maintain project plans and schedules and all associated process, procedure, standards and guidelines documentation for functional and optimization activities.
· Develops Proposals, Estimates and Return on Investment documents for projects. Including project staffing, software requirements, training requirements, hardware requirements, etc.
· Leads and directs a team of technical and non-technical staff in the development of training plans, testing plans, functional requirement documents, security plans, detail design documents and implementation plans.
· Performs the monitoring, controlling and reporting of all project activities, statuses and risks to senior level management on a weekly basis and executive level on a monthly basis.
· Develops project task plans, tracks resource hours and contract expenditures, monitors the project task plans, elevates appropriately 'red flag' issues, develops contingency plans, maintains change management documentation.
· Confer with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions and develop plan of approach.
· Effectively manage, and where necessary coach, direct reports, project team resources and external vendor resources.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and other key stakeholders exercise tact, courtesy and initiative
· Creation of project review materials
· Other duties as assigned.
Position requirements include Bachelor Degree in management information system and or information technology, and or an equivalent combination of education and experience or an appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
· Master degree in management information system, computer science, and/or business management.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
· Strong management skill set to include, but not limited to, conflict resolution, meeting direction, interpersonal relationship building, team building, and objective prioritization.
· Experience with planning and implementing large scale projects.
· A detail-oriented self-starter with superb follow-up skills.
· Able to demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills, in both verbal and written communications.
· Must be able to show initiative and flexibility in a dynamic environment.
· Strong communication and presentation skills.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.