|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||5/9/2013 9:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/16/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||up to $33,860/year|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Employees Group Insurance Division is seeking a full time Insurance/Benefits Accounts Specialist for our Oklahoma City location. This is an Unclassified, position within Oklahoma State Government. In addition to a generous Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is up to $33,860.00 based on education and experience.
This position is assigned responsibilities involving specialized accounting work related to the maintenance and reconciliation of member accounts to reflect payments received for various types of insurance and benefits programs administered by a state agency, local government or school. Responsibilities may include reviewing, analyzing, recording and reconciling accounts receivable, posting payments received directly from members and various agency payrolls, responding to inquiries concerning policies and procedures, and advising and training Insurance Coordinators, employees and others concerning actions required on various discrepancies, changes or other transactions
• Reviews and processes changes in enrollment, status and other actions; trains Insurance/Benefit Coordinators and others on the proper use of forms and procedures for enrollments and changes for insurance purposes.
• Trains Insurance Coordinators how to use the Web enrollment application and monitors a Web Support call center for Insurance Coordinators who have questions regarding how to properly update a member’s account.
• Responds in writing to correspondence received from Insurance/Benefit coordinators and members.
• Posts payroll reports, member accounts and other records to reflect payments received directly from individual members or agencies, as necessary.
• Reviews and analyzes discrepancy reports and other information concerning payments received for various types of insurance or benefits, such as health, dental, life and vision insurance.
• Determines cause of discrepancies resulting from payments; researches appropriate records or documents as needed to verify payments due and identify any changes in enrollment or status.
• Notifies Insurance/Benefit Coordinators, members or others, as needed, concerning actions required to correct discrepancies, adjust accounts or other requirements; provides interpretation of various laws, rules or policies concerning insurance enrollments, changes in status and other transactions.
• Prepares various reports, worksheets, statements and other documents; initiates action for payment of refunds on canceled policies.
• Reviews and processes changes in enrollment, status and other actions; trains insurance/benefit coordinators and others on the proper use of forms and procedures for enrollments and changes for insurance purposes.
• Works in a professional manner with various health and dental carriers contracted with EGID to resolve eligibility discrepancies and service issues.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability is required to review and analyze electronic records and source documents; to establish and maintain computer records.
Ability is required to provide training or assistance to insurance coordinators and others.
Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Ability to maintain a full range of insurance or benefits accounts and to perform highly independent work.
Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.