|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||5/3/2013 9:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/14/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Data Communications Specialist for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Implement and support network and firewall equipment on the OMES data communications infrastructure. Work with the Senior Data Communications Specialists in identifying technologies for inclusion in the network infrastructure.
• Develop technical and equipment requirements meeting user’s needs. Work with the Senior Data Communications Specialists in identifying network configurations providing the best benefit to the state and the user.
• Integrate networking equipment from multiple vendors resulting in an environment providing seamless data communications.
• Consult with agencies to discuss network security solutions. Work with Senior Data Communications Specialists to acquire, configure, integrate and maintain security configuration.
• Implement and support firewall configuration and installation.
• Monitor network performance and develop plans for recovery, reconfiguration and optimization of networks. Work with the Senior Data Communications Specialists in maintaining networks at 99% uptime and reliability.
• Research and stay current on the latest networking technologies.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
This position may be required to work nights and weekends.
Requirements consist of the completion of twenty-four semester hours of computer science or management information systems course work and two years of experience in computer programming or maintaining, configuring and installing operating systems plus one additional year of computer systems analysis or programming or maintenance, configuration and installation of operating systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting completion of a vocational or technical training course resulting in certification in computer programming for 12 semester hours only of the required course work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of experience in information systems operations for 12 semester hours only of the required course work.
NOTE: No substitution will be permitted for at least 12 semester hours of computer science or management information systems course work and two years of computer programming or experience maintaining, configuring and installing operating systems.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following: