|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||2/7/2013 9:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/11/2013 12:05:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time IT Manager for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the JD McCarty Center in Norman, OK. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a generous Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is between $47,000 - $53,000, based on education and experience. Supervisory Responsibilities: This position requires supervisory responsibilities.
• Provides daily management and leadership for hospital IT agency specific functions and activities. This includes planning, organizing, developing, budgeting, coordinating, managing, and controlling hospital specific functions and activities.
• Provides IT leadership, vision, and direction to the Information Services Division of the hospital in collaboration with OMES hospital divisional leadership.
• Plans, directs and manages the installation, integrity, security, resources and performance of the computer systems necessary for fulfilling the mission of the agency, determines needs for hardware, software and services necessary to ensure performance and recovery of the agency in accordance with policy, procedures and state standards. Ensures IT practices are conducted with efficiency and in the most cost-effective manner.
• Responsible for the storage and security of all electronic data in accordance with policy, procedure and technical considerations.
• Supervise agency IT consultant services; review work product; ensuring accuracy of claims; and accepted product meets requirements of agency and contract.
• Reviews hardware, software, services acquisition and maintenance contracts.
• Establishes IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures consistent with those of the Agency and Office of State Finance Information Services Division.
• Supervises the recruitment, development, retention, performance and organization of all IT staff in accordance with budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
• Ensures continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of any established service level agreements and monitoring of IT systems performance.
• Assists with the development of the necessary budgets, plans and documents to manage the hospital and assigned resources.
• Develops, tracks, implements, reviews and controls the hospital’s IT budget and assists in decreasing the total amount of Health Business Segment IT expenditures by an agreed upon annual percentage.
• Assist hospital administration to solve requirements of staff as they relate to patient care services.
• Reviews and maintains a good network security posture.
• Oversees and maintains the functionality of Linux based servers.
• Maintains and updates Windows desktops and laptop computers.
• Directs information technology problem solving.
• Administers and maintains hospital’s network security camera system.
• Serves as lead contact on IT help desk.
• Supervises and mentors lower level staff.
• Direct hospital specific IT activities, including coordination of activities with outside agencies and vendors.
• Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with the hospital’s Information Services Division.
• Ensures that all IT activities meet the required accuracy, timeliness, and needs of the hospital.
• Ensures that information systems are in compliance with all hospital, State, and Federal requirements.
• Develops and implements IT department’s quality assessment and performance improvement plan. Conducts data collection, prepares monthly and quarterly reports. Attends QAPI committee meetings and presents QAPI information/results to the hospital’s governing body.
• Identifies the need and assists in the development of performance improvement committees as it relates to IT functions and processes.
• Cooperates with OMES Business Segment Director to deliver hospital specific consolidation projects to yield projected return on investments.
Requirements consist of completion of twenty-four semester hours of computer science or management information systems and five years of professional data processing experience, including two years in a supervisory or administrative capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one additional year of qualifying experience for 12 semester hours only of the required course work.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position requires supervisory responsibilities.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.