|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||1/18/2013 9:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/19/2013 10:44:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Network Specialist for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Health Care Authority. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Configure and maintain Windows servers.
• Maintain network printing and scanning services.
• Maintain network backup system.
• Serve as second level support for help desk tickets.
• Consults with division directors and other managers on complex system or program needs in to identify parameters, feasibility, etc.
• Work with other systems analysts, programmers, technicians, and top-level managers in the design, testing and evaluation of systems. Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system, and make purchase recommendations.
• Develop and write plans, documentation, and procedures regarding installation, and troubleshooting of server hardware and software to assist in maintaining the integrity of these systems.
• Research emergent technologies by attending conferences, reading literature, and other professional resources to identify and incorporate relevant techniques or theories to existing agency structures.
• Assist Network Manager as required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in Information Technology or a related field; or four years of network administration experience in Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 LAN/WAN environment.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.