1241 - Human Resources Analyst
|Specialty||Talent Selection Specialist|
|Department||Municipal Transportation Agency|
|Date Opened||3/15/2017 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/3/2017 11:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$31.61 - $46.51/hour; $5,480.00 - $8,062.00/month; $65,754.00 - $96,746.00/year|
Why Join the SFMTA Talent Selection Team?
The SFMTA recognizes that our employees are our greatest asset, and in order to achieve our strategic goal of creating an outstanding workplace, we need to assist our hiring managers in getting the right people into the right roles within the organization. If you are a creative problem solver with an interest in helping hiring managers define the characteristics and competencies necessary to deliver outstanding service, then this is the job for you!
The Human Resources Analyst will serve as a consultant to hiring mangers throughout the SFMTA and will participate in the design and execution of talent selection strategies that are both merit-based and agile.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- An organized overachiever. You will need to work in a fast-paced environment with competing requirements and deadlines.
- Creative! You will need to be able to understand the challenges faced in previous hiring processes and help managers design a selection process that will meet their needs while still adhering to the rules and policy requirements.
- Customer service oriented. Your role will require you to be responsive and proactive when addressing internal customer needs.
- Interested in learning and developing your career. In addition to consulting hiring managers, you will have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of special projects that will challenge you to develop your skills and learn more about our agency.
- Analytical and data driven. You will put your classification skills to work when reviewing position allocation requests, project manager requests, and project justification requests.
What you will do all day:
- Meet with hiring mangers throughout the agency and assist them in designing and implementing a talent selection plan, including identifying the critical competencies required to be successful in a variety of different jobs.
- Review interview questions, performance exercises, and selection criteria and provide feedback and suggestions to the hiring managers.
- Conduct interview panel orientations and trainings for managers and other interview panel members on both our internal processes as well as the best practices in hiring and selection.
- Review classification allocation requests and write detailed analytical recommendations.
- Consulting our operating divisions on HR related matters.
A few reasons you might love this job:
- You will work in a highly visible role within the agency.
- Your work will have a direct impact on the agency’s ability to achieve our strategic goals.
- You will be challenged daily.
- You will work with people who are passionate about their work and recognized experts in their fields.
- You will have ample learning opportunities that will allow you to develop your skills and abilities.
A few challenges you might face in this job:
- You will work on multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
- Your customers will include some people with difficult personalities and/or high expectations.
- Sometimes you will need to tell people that they cannot do things that violate policies or rules.
- Action & Results Focused (Taking Initiative): Initiating tasks and focusing on accomplishment
- Adaptability: Responding positively to change and modifying behavior as the situation requires
- Attention to Detail: Focusing on the details of work content, work steps, and final work products
- Building & Maintaining Relationships: Establishing rapport and maintaining mutually productive relationships
- Critical Thinking: Analytically and logically evaluating information, propositions, and claims
- Customer Focus: Attending to the needs and expectations of customers
- Displaying Ownership and Accountability: Holding self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results
- Influencing: Affecting or changing others’ positions and opinions
- Informing: Proactively obtaining and sharing information
- Innovation: Imagining and devising new and better ways of doing things
- Learning Agility: Seeking learning opportunities and applying the lessons to one’s work
- Organizational Systems Thinking: Comprehending the organization as a system of integrated and interdependent functions
- Political & Organizational Savvy: Working skillfully with politics, procedures, and protocols across organizational levels and boundaries
- Professional Integrity & Ethics: Displaying honesty, adherence to principles, and personal accountability
- Strategic Thinking & Perspective: Evaluating immediate actions in context of achieving long range objective
- Valuing Diversity: Appreciating the benefits of varied backgrounds and cultures in the workplace
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing
In order to qualify for this opportunity you must have:
Experience working with competency modeling
Experience drafting and editing interview questions
Experience facilitating meetings and giving presentations or training
Experience and skill in writing analytical reports, memos, and persuasive communication
Experience classifying and allocating positions
Experience conducting job analysis
A Master’s degree in I/O Psychology, Public Administration, Business Administration or Human Resources Management
How To Apply
The application deadline has been extended. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient pool of qualified candidates have been identified. The announcement may close at anytime, but no sooner than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday March 21, 2017.
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, and the SFMTA Human Resources Department at 1 S. Van Ness Ave, 6th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the analyst in charge, Tina Pruett, by telephone at (415) 701-4532, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The process may include a panel interview and performance exercise. Applicants will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire at the time of application. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to participate in the selection process. Applications will be screened down further using the desirable qualifications and competencies listed above.
You must attach a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this opportunity to your application.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at:
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Terms of Announcement: Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#announcementsdefinitions
Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Issued: March 15, 2017; Amended March 22, 2017 to extend the application deadline.
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: 902133
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.