9924 Public Service Aide
|Date Opened||8/29/2014 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/31/2014 08:10:00 AM|
|Salary||$20.08 - $20.08/hour|
|Job Type||None - NON-PUBLIC|
CLASS 9924 PUBLIC SERVICE AIDE
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Temporary Exempt, Part Time
Location of Position:
The Department of Public Health’s Human Resource Services, Operations Division is accepting applications for a temporary exempt part-time position in class 9924 Public Service Aide.
SHIFT: Monday – Friday. 08:00AM-05:00PM. May require weekends.
Under direct supervision, the Public Service Aide performs a variety of clerical support functions. The essential job functions include:
· Performs filing, retrieving, mass mailings, light typing, and routine data entry;
· Operates various pieces of office equipment such as copier, fax, shredder, communications devices (telephone and voicemail), and desktop computer (Using MS Office Suite programs);
· Manages, maintains, and retrieves electronic files;
· Collects and distributes mail daily;
· Answers telephone, takes messages accurately, and directs calls appropriately;
· Maintains records, manuals and updates resource materials;
· Assists personnel staff with high volume projects; and
· Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
· Possession of a high school diploma or enrollment in an accredited college and/or university; AND
· Six (6) months of verifiable administrative support experience in a business office setting.
· Excellent customer service skills – (oral and written communications).
· Ability to work independently and as a team member.
· Strong organizational skills in performing duties effectively, efficiently, and productively.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel and other office equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Click and select the desired job announcement
- Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement, and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked CCSF mail from the following address. (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwate.org, @sfdph.org, @asainart.org, @sfmta.com)
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact
Gina Garcia, Sr. Personnel Analyst
Via email: Gina.Garcia@sfdph.org or via phone at 415- 554-2584
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources,
VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATE:
Verification of experience/certificate may be required at a later date. If verification is required, failure to provide it may result in disqualification from the selection process
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
- Applicants are encouraged to keep copies of all documents submitted. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
- Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
- Remember to indicate: Attn: Class 9924 Public Service Aide on all correspondence.
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Issued: January 24, 2014
Announcement No: TEX-9924-062015
Team DPH/LL (415) 206-5417 (DHR Pos. No. 01124932)
Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.