|Specialty||Camp Mather in the High Sierra near Yosemite|
|Department||Recreation and Parks|
|Date Opened||2/1/2018 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$24.40/hour + room and board|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME.
A temporary exempt as-needed appointment, this position is seasonal and will not result in an eligible list for a permanent civil service position.
The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department (RPD) provides opportunities for San Francisco residents and guests alike to gather, play, learn, relax and enjoy nature. We maintain more than 220 parks, playgrounds, and open spaces in the city, including two outside of city limits: Sharp Park in Pacifica and Camp Mather in the High Sierra. A vacation getaway for generations of families, as well as for first-time guests, Camp Mather remains RPD's inclusive, rustic, off-the-grid destination for recreation and relaxation.
Circled in red below, Camp Mather is approximately 3 hours east of San Francisco, near the Hetch Hetchy Valley, and at the border of Yosemite National Park.
Working Conditions and Schedule
Room and board is provided at Camp Mather. Custodians will have at least one roommate, housing is for employees only, and pets are not allowed. No transportation is provided to and from Camp Mather. Previous paid or volunteer experience with San Francisco Recreation and Park does not guarantee future employment. The basic workweek is six (6) days, as needed, and comprises a variety of shifts as well as weekends and evenings. Overtime may be required.
In 2018 there will be three (3) periods of employment at Camp Mather as follows:
1. Startup Session: Certain employees may be scheduled to work through or during any part of Startup Session, which begins on May 6 and ends on June 2; and
2. Summer Session: The majority of employees may be scheduled to work through or during any part of Summer Session, which begins on June 3 and ends on August 18; and
3. Special/Close-down Session: Certain employees may be scheduled to work through or during any part of Special/Close-down Session, which begins on August 19 and ends on September 23.
Under supervision, the 2708 Custodian performs routine manual cleaning tasks in library buildings, other facilities and surrounding areas; and performs related duties as required.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties
1. Performing routine and extensive cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing, waxing, and carpet shampooing; performing dusting and polishing around surrounding areas;
2. Maintaining exterior areas such as ramps, sidewalks, loading docks, decks, parking lots and other related areas;
3. Operation of equipment such as scrubbers, buffers, wax applicators, high speed floor machines, carpet extractors, pressure washers and other electrical, gas, and manual operated equipment;
4. Removing disposable waste materials from premises;
5. Assisting in moving and arranging furniture and equipment as needed;
6. Washing interior and exterior wall partitions and windows;
7. Maintaining condition of custodial tool, supplies, equipment, and appliances;
8. Maintaining storage of custodial tools and supplies; securing building as required; and
9. Effectively communicating with supervisors and co-workers on a regular basis.
1. Six (6) months (1040 hours) verifiable paid full-time custodial or janitorial experience at a commercial building (such as an office building, warehouse, retail or wholesale store, or non-profit agency or a commercial facility (such as a university, hospital stadium, auditorium, hotel/motel, etc.); OR
2. Certificate of completion of a Custodial Training Program equivalent to those certified by the City and County of San Francisco Human Services Agency; OR
3. Verification of current enrollment in a custodial training course equivalent to those certified by the City and County of San Francisco Human Services Agency at the time of application. Candidates who are enrolled in a custodial training course at the time of application must submit verification of having completed the course (e.g., a copy of their certificate), prior to appointment. Candidates will remain under waiver until such time that verification is provided.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.• Select the desired job announcement: TEX-2708-083270
• Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
• Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
• Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact exam analyst Harry Bullock by telephone at (415) 831-6836, or by email at email@example.com.
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate the qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
If you receive a conditional offer of employment, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you were given a conditional offer of employment. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you receive a conditional offer of employment, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All City and County of San Francisco employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
Terms of Announcement
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules, or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting of the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#announcementsdefinitions.
Copies of Application Documents
Information can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#copies.
Reasonable Accommodation Request
Applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation for this recruitment can find information on requesting a reasonable accommodation at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#reasonableaccommodation.
May be corrected by the posting of the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#announcementsdefinitions.
Concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20.
Driver's License requirement
Most positions require a valid California's driver's license: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#license.
Right to Work
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States. http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#identification.
Issued: 2 February 2018
Micki Callahan, Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: TEX-2708-083270
REC / HB / 415-831-6836
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|