1043 IS Engineer-Senior - HRIS Developer/Engineer
|Department||Public Utilities Commission|
|Date Opened||2/15/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$115,492.00 - $145,236.00/year|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
Please file immediately, as this recruitment may close at any time, but not before Friday, February 23, 2018.
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Temporary Exempt (TEX), this position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
About the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission:
The SFPUC is recognized throughout the world as a leading utility agency which delivers high quality water, wastewater treatment and power services through efficient, state of the art technologies which protect and sustain our precious resources. We are proud of our infrastructure and programs, but most importantly, we value our highly qualified and dedicated workforce which ensures that this vision becomes a reality. Our mission is to provide customers with high quality, efficient and reliable water, power, and sewer services in a manner that values environmental and community interests, and sustains the resources entrusted in our care. We are comprised of three essential 24/7 service utilities: Water, Wastewater and Power. We provide retail drinking water and wastewater services to San Francisco, wholesale water to three Bay Area counties, and green hydroelectric and solar power to San Francisco’s municipal departments and tenants and redevelopment areas. Headquartered in San Francisco, we have about 2,300 employees working in seven counties with a combined annual operating budget of over $900 million. The SFPUC is nationally recognized for its excellence and as a premier employer.
The San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) is seeking an experienced, outgoing and motivated IS Engineer to provide functional and technical support for HRS information systems. Under general direction of the ITS Project Director, the IS Engineer - Senior will be responsible for aligning SFPUC HRS’ business needs with system/technology solutions; working as a liaison between ITS and HRS, consultants and vendors to analyze, communicate, develop, test, deploy and support changes to HRS business processes, systems, and other technology initiatives.
Essential functions of the position include:
- Providing day-to-day support and system administration for various Human Resources Information Systems: Position Control System, Position Request Workflow, Red Carpet on-boarding system and the SFPUC Learning Management System;
- Assuming project management responsibilities; coordinate project activities among business stakeholders, consultants and vendors;
- Developing, implementing and supporting web applications & workflows in .NET/MVC;
- Maintaining and supporting existing data interfaces and extractions with Success Factors LMS, Silk Road Red Carpet and eMerge;
- Partnering with HRS on implementation, testing, training/knowledge-transfer of new technologies or changes to existing processes and systems;
- Providing on-going user and system support, monitoring and troubleshooting ensuring smooth operations for user adoption and continuous enhancement of system capabilities; and
- Providing ad-hoc data and reporting, using SQL, PL/SQL or Cognos
- An associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field]; AND
- Three (3) years of experience analyzing, installing, configuring, enhancing, and/or maintaining the components of an enterprise network.
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units/ forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
- Ability to lead small to medium sized projects and is well versed in the system development lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to facilitate requirements gathering and development of technical design documents.
- Web application design, development and deployment experience using .NET/MVC
- Proficient with SQL, PL/SQL and reporting platforms like Cognos
- Excellent written and verbal skills in expressing ideas, policies, and technical issues with sharp business acumen.
- Strong independent work ethic with ability to work well in teams with diverse personalities.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Chris Haines, by telephone at (415) 554-1622, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Issued: February 15, 2018
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: 083675
PUC/ CH / (415) 554-1622
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|