1652 Accountant II
|Specialty||REASSIGNMENT/TRANSFER OF PCS EMPLOYEE ONLY|
|Department||Municipal Transportation Agency|
|Date Opened||3/1/2017 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/24/2017 11:15:00 AM|
|Salary||$70,694.00 - $85,904.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Transfer|
The following information describes the civil service classification for which applications are being solicited. Make sure you read the entire announcement before completing the application form.
The purpose of this announcement is to fill a vacant position in this classification.
APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO FILE IMMEDIATELY AS THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME, BUT NO EARLIER THAN March 15, 2017.
Division: Finance and Information Technology
Work Location: One South Van Ness Avenue, 8th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103
Work Schedule(s): Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Appointment Type: Reassignment or Permanent Transfer. In order to be considered for appointment to this position, you must have current permanent status as a 1652 Accountant II with the City and County of San Francisco and be seeking either a Transfer or a Reassignment. If you do not meet this criterion, please do not apply for this position.
Under general direction, the 1652 Accountant II performs difficult and professional accounting and auditing work of a varied nature. This position supervises and coordinates various accounting operations duties including but not limited to the following:
Examples of Important and Essential Duties:
• Reviews and processes financial documents into the City’s financial system accurately and timely and ensures compliance with Controller’s and funding agencies’ policies and procedures.
• Coordinates completion and review of all required schedules, reports and other information for submission to external auditors, outside agencies and management.
• Interprets and explains existing City and department accounting and fiscal policies and procedures to various divisions/units within the organization.
• Performs periodic review and evaluates existing internal controls related to accounting processes and makes necessary recommendations to make them more efficient and effective
• Maintains contact and acts as liaison to other department staff, managers, auditors, funding agencies and general public on fiscal and accounting matters or release of information on department’s fiscal operations.
• Performs and assists in the completion of special reviews, financial analysis, reconciliation and other projects requested by management.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Current Permanent Civil Service (PCS) incumbent in Class 1652 Accountant II with the City and County of San Francisco.
HOW TO APPLY:
You must be in a Permanent Civil Service (PCS) Class 1652 Accountant II position with the City and County of San Francisco to be considered for appointment to this position.
San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency employment applications for this position will be accepted through an on-line process only. A resume must be attached to the online application. Mailed, hand delivered or faxed applications will not be accepted. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process.
• Click and select 1652 Accountant II (PTX-1652-902125)
• Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
• Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or on “I have REGISTERED PREVIOUSLY”
• Follow instructions given on the screen.
To submit a resume using the online application:
• Select the “Resume” tab in the online application
• Follow instructions given on screen
If you are having trouble attaching your resume to the online application, you may submit by fax to (415) 581-5120, ATTN: 1652 Accountant II (PTX-1652-902125). A resume will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online application.
Computer kiosks are available for the public from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday to file online applications in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco and in the lobby of SFMTA Human Resources office, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 6th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses: (@sfgov.org, @sfmta.com).
Upon successful submittal of the application online, the applicant will receive a notification on the screen, as well as in the applicant’s e-mail inbox, acknowledging the receipt of the application by SFMTA. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received. If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, please contact us at (415) 581-5133 between 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact Stephen Li by telephone at (415) 581-5133 or by email at Stephen.Li2@sfmta.com.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview.
Qualified applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must contact the Agency by phone at (415) 581-5133 or, if hearing impaired at (415) 701-5043 (TTY) or in writing to the SFMTA Human Resources Operations Section, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 (specify Class 1652).
Applicants are responsible for updating their email address or mailing address. Contact Information must be updated online at http://www.jobaps.com/sf by clicking on “Update My Contact Info” and logging into your account. If updating contact information online, applicants must contact the analyst at (415) 581-5133 immediately to inform them of the change. Failure to do so may result in the loss of eligibility.
Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.