5290 Transportation Planner IV
|Department||Municipal Transportation Agency|
|Date Opened||2/12/2018 11:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$112,970.00 - $137,280.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
The following information describes the civil service classification for which applications are being solicited. Make sure you read the entire announcement before completing the application form.
The purpose of this announcement is to fill a vacant position in this classification.
Amended to extend the filing deadline to Continuous.
Division: Taxi & Accessible Services
Section/Unit: Accessible Services
Work Location: 1 South Van Ness Ave, 7th Floor, San Francisco, CA
Appointment Type: Permanent Exempt appointment not to exceed three (3) years. – This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
Under general administrative supervision, the Transportation Planner IV will focus on improving paratransit service reliability and productivity by developing and implementing technological improvements such as a Web Portal, E-Hail, and automated dispatch. The Transportation Planner IV will develop and implement policies for accessible blue zone parking and accessible white zone loading in consultation with partners at interested agencies.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties:
• Develops plans and recommendations for paratransit service, including scope, schedule, and budget.
• Monitors adherence to contract deliverables.
• Collects, analyzes and reports on paratransit service-related data for the purpose of policy development and service planning.
• Develops, implements and monitors paratransit policies and procedures, including the preparation of complex written documents and reports.
• Supervises the design and preparation of charts, maps and other graphic materials to represent data and illustrate plans and/or reports.
• Reviews federal and state legislation related to transit/paratransit plans and programs, with particular focus on the American's with Disabilities Act and other accessibility regulations.
• Represents the department in public meetings and governmental, regulatory agency meetings.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university preferably in Transportation, Mass Transit Planning or other closely related field; AND six (6) years of transportation planning experience; OR
2. Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Planning, Transportation, Transportation Engineering, Public Administration or other closely related field; AND four (4) years of transportation planning experience.
1. Additional transportation planning experience beyond the Minimum Qualifications may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for year basis.
2. Additional post-graduate education as described in item 2 of the Minimum Qualifications may be substituted for required experience on a year-for-year basis (30 semester units/45 quarter units equal one (1) year of experience).
• Experience working with seniors and persons with disabilities.
• Familiarity with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other accessibility legislation.
• Experience planning for accessible transit and/or paratransit service.
• Experience planning for accessible pedestrian & bicycle services and programs.
• Experience planning for accessible parking.
How to Apply:
San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency employment applications for this position will be accepted through an on-line process only. A resume and cover letter must be attached to the online application. Mailed, hand delivered or faxed applications will not be accepted. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process.
• Click and select Transportation Planner IV (PEX-5290-902622)
• Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
• Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or on “I have REGISTERED PREVIOUSLY”
• Follow instructions given on the screen.
To submit resume using the online application:
• Select the “Resume” tab in the online application
• Follow instructions given on screen
To submit cover letter using the online application:
• Select the “Other” tab in the online application
• Choose “Upload” as your method of submittal
• Click on “Upload Attachment”
• Follow instructions given on screen
If you are having trouble attaching your resume or cover letter to the online application, you may submit by fax to (415) 581-5120, ATTN: Transportation Planner IV (PEX-5290-902622). A resume will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online application.
Computer kiosks are available for the public from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday to file online applications in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco and in the lobby of SFMTA Human Resources office, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 6th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses: (@sfgov.org, @sfmta.com).
Upon successful submittal of the application online, the applicant will receive a notification on the screen, as well as in the applicant’s e-mail inbox, acknowledging the receipt of the application. If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, please contact us at (415) 581-5133 between 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the analyst, Stephen Li, by telephone at (415) 581-5133 or by email at Stephen.Li2@sfmta.com.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point in the application and/or departmental selection process. Written verification (proof) of qualifying experience must verify that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications stated on the announcement. Written verification must be submitted on employer’s official letterhead, specifying name of employee, dates of employment, types of employment (part-time/full-time), job title(s), description of duties performed, and the verification must be signed by the employer. City employees will receive credit for the duties of the class to which they are appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee’s class will be allowed only if recorded in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Service Commission Rules. Experience claimed in self-employment must be supported by documents verifying income, earnings, business license and experience comparable to the minimum qualifications of the position. Copies of income tax papers or other documents listing occupations and total earnings must be submitted. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456.
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview.
Qualified applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must contact the Agency by phone at (415) 581-5133 or, if hearing impaired at (415) 701-5043 (TTY) or in writing to the SFMTA Human Resources Operations Section, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 (specify Class 5290).
Applicants are responsible for updating their email address or mailing address. Contact Information must be updated online at http://www.jobaps.com/sf by clicking on “Update My Contact Info” and logging into your account. If updating contact information online, applicants must contact the analyst at (415) 581-5133 immediately to inform them of the change. Failure to do so may result in the loss of eligibility.
Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you receive a conditional offer of employment, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you were given a conditional offer of employment. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you receive a conditional offer of employment, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|