1823 Senior Administrative Analyst
Administation and Finance Division
|Date Opened||3/17/2017 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$42.73 - $51.94/hour; $7,406.00 - $9,003.00/month; $88,868.00 - $108,030.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
Applicants are encouraged to file immediately as this recruitment may close at any time, but no earlier than Friday, March 24, 2017.
Appointment Type: Permanent Exempt. This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive civil service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the appointing officer. The maximum duration of this permanent exempt appointment is three years.
Under general administrative direction, the Contracts and Fiscal Policy Analyst is responsible for Contract Administration and Fiscal Policy development and monitoring, making policy recommendations on a variety of complex contract budget, fiscal, policy, program and administrative issues; directing, overseeing and conducting difficult, sensitive, highly visible and complex analytical work; conducting difficult and complex analyses for developing, processing and administering highly complex contractual agreements with multiple funding sources. The Contracts and Fiscal Policy Analyst meets with program managers, service providers and various city agencies to review project spending and develop action plans to expend funds; oversees periodic field audits. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Analyzes trends in expenditures and revenues, prepares financial and statistical reports for management, and various funding agencies; coordinates and monitors departmental reporting to funding agencies including the subvention of funds to contracting organizations and justifies that funds are used as required.
- Plans and performs financial analyses including forecasting, revenue and expense projections, analysis of capital requirements, evaluation of financing alternatives; and cost/benefit analysis; prepares reports with financial/policy recommendations and appropriate supporting documentation; assists in the preparation of audit schedules and financial statements.
- Analyzes and interprets existing, newly enacted and proposed local, state, federal legislation and regulation for policy and financial impact on the department; advises management and prepares recommendations with appropriate supporting documentation regarding how to comply with new regulations, develops, implements and monitors new and revised reporting systems required by legislation.
- Prepares contract status reports; conducts competitive contract vendor selection processes including public bids and requests for proposals, distributes and places advertisements and public notices for contracts; processes moderate to highly complex contracts including advertising for bids/proposals, receipt and review of bids, contract negotiation and award, and routing through signature/documentation process to certification technical assistance to staff and contractors on departmental and City contracting policies, procedures and requirements.
- Prepares cost estimates and terms for new and existing contracts, for proposed change orders and modifications; reviews contract provisions, meets with program managers to develop cost estimates; meets with contractors to negotiate requests for additional costs; assists in analyzing costs related to change orders and modifications;
- Analyzes existing and proposed administrative policies and procedures as well as organizational problems; conducts difficult and detailed studies; identifies administrative problems, determines methods of analysis, and identifies trends; prepares and presents reports with recommendations and appropriate justification based on studies and surveys; may coordinate the implementation of new systems and/or procedures.
- Prepares MBE/WBE and contract status reports; conducts competitive contract vendor selection processes including public bids and requests for proposals, distributes and places advertisements and public notices for contracts; processes moderate to highly complex contracts including advertising for bids/proposals, receipt and review of bids, contract negotiation and award, and routing through signature/documentation process to certification; provides information to staff from Purchasing, Human Resources, Human Rights Commission and the Administrative Services Office; and provides training and technical assistance to staff and contractors on departmental and City contracting policies, procedures and requirements.
- Prepares cost estimates and terms for new and existing contracts, for proposed change orders and modifications; reviews contract provisions, conducts site visits, and meets with program managers to develop cost estimates; meets with contractors to negotiate requests for additional costs; assists in analyzing costs related to change orders and modifications; maintains data and information resources on current industry cost standards for materials, equipment and labor costs; establishes and maintains contact with sources of information including vendors, labor unions and governmental agencies.
1. Possession of a graduate degree (Master's degree or higher) from an accredited college or university, and five (5) years full-time equivalent experience performing professional-level analytical work as described in Note A; OR
2. Possession of a graduate degree (Master's degree or higher) from an accredited college or university with major college coursework as described in Note B, and four (4) years full-time equivalent experience performing professional-level analytical work as described in Note A; OR
3. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, and six (6) years full-time equivalent experience performing professional-level analytical work as described in Note A; OR
4. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with major college coursework as described in Note B, and five (5) years full-time-equivalent experience performing professional-level analytical work as described in Note A;
SUBSTITUTION: Applicants may substitute up to 2 years of the required education with additional qualifying experience in budget analysis, financial analysis and reporting, legislative/policy analysis, or contract/grant administration. One year (2000 hours) of additional qualifying experience will be considered equivalent to 30 semester units/45 quarter units.
Notes on Qualifying Experience and Education:
A. Qualifying professional-level analytical experience must be in one or more of the following functional areas: complex budget analysis, development and administration; complex financial/fiscal analysis and reporting; development of complex contracting systems and administration of competitive bid processes and complex contractual agreements; development and evaluation of complex management/administrative policy; complex grant administration and monitoring; complex program evaluation and planning; complex legislative analysis; complex economic analysis; or other functional areas related to the duties of positions in Class 1824, where the primary focus of the job is complex professional-level analysis for evaluation, recommendation, development and implementation of major programs and functions of department/organization. Analytical experience equivalent to the duties of Class 1823 is considered qualifying.
B. Coursework applicable to a baccalaureate or higher degree in specialized subject matter areas such as public or business administration, management, business law, contract law, public policy, urban studies, economics, statistical analysis, finance, accounting or other fields of study closely related to the essential functions of positions in Class 1823.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement (PEX-1823-075684)
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing must be complete and accurate including the details on your experience, education, training, and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment.
Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility and/or disqualification for this recruitment, or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes.
You may upload a resume to the application as a single pdf file; however, resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed City and County of San Francisco application.
Applicants are advised to keep copies of all documents submitted. Submitted documents become a part of the recruitment process and will not be returned. The department may require applicants to present additional material.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience and education. Only those candidates who most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited to continue in the selection process. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed to advance through all of the steps in the selection process. The department may implement additional screening mechanisms in order to determine candidates’ qualifications for this position.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements of a job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable accommodation at:http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#applicantswithdisabilities
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
: All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at .
Appointment Type: Permanent Exempt
Issued: March 17, 2017
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: PEX-1823-075684
ADP/JC (415) 734-3015
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|