1823-Senior Administrative Analyst
Development Agreement Implementation Project Manager
|Department||Economic and Workforce Development|
|Date Opened||3/17/2017 10:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/7/2017 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$42.73 - $51.94/hour; $7,406.00 - $9,003.00/month; $88,868.00 - $108,030.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
The San Francisco Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD) supports the City's ongoing economic vitality through key programs focused on neighborhood commercial corridors, workforce development, joint development projects, industry focused business recruitment and retention, small business assistance and international business development. OEWD’s goal is to work continually to make San Francisco an even better place to work and do business. OEWD is a dynamic department in the City and County of San Francisco that reports directly to the Mayor.
OEWD’s Joint Development Division works on behalf of the Mayor and the City of San Francisco to manage large public and private real estate development projects with the goal of maximizing the creation of public benefits such as affordable housing and open space. The Joint Development team negotiates public-private development projects to leverage private investment for public good, often using negotiated entitlement contracts called Development Agreements. The Joint Development Division also serves as the City’s lead negotiator during the complex process of transferring and redeveloping underutilized public parcels, and acts as the principal conduit between federal, state and City departments, the private sector, and the many community interests involved. By structuring these projects as public-private partnerships, the City can create critical public benefits without diverting scarce resources from basic civic needs such as public health, police and fire services.
Since 2011, the Board of Supervisors has approved Development Agreements for Parkmerced, the California Pacific Medical Center, Schlage Lock, 5M, Hope SF Sunnydale and Hope SF Potrero. Several more such agreements are expected to be approved in the next few years. The Joint Development Division has recently created a new specialized implementation team that works alongside those Joint Development staff that are negotiating the Development Agreements. The implementation team takes on a new centralized coordination role to guide regular City collaboration and communication around approved Development Agreements and enhance flow and communication from negotiation process through to implementation.
The OEWD Joint Development implementation team is charged with coordinating the implementation of these complex projects, in collaboration with developers and a number of City agencies, as they move beyond entitlements and into their permitting and development stages. The Joint Development division is seeking a new implementation project manager. Reporting to the Implementation Director this individual will be responsible for ensuring that a portfolio of four to six approved Development Agreements move forward in a way that is consistent with City goals and priorities, as memorialized in the Development Agreements. Substantive areas of focus are likely to include horizontal infrastructure and vertical development, transportation demand management, impact fee allocation, affordable housing, permitting design controls and approvals, open space development, and workforce development program compliance, as well as other project–specific considerations.
1. Create and enforce schedules of project milestones and deliverables for the portfolio of development agreements, including Parkmerced and Schlage Lock;
2. Coordinate and track the progress of a specific portfolio of approved development projects, coordinating with both private developer and City staff from various agencies, including the Planning Department, Public Works, the Public Utilities Commission (PUC), Department of Building Inspection (DBI), the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Authority (SFMTA), the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development (MOHCD), as well as other City departments;
3. Manage and maintain relationships with private partners, including developers, architects, landscape architects, and other technical consultants.
4. Identify challenges and potential delays to development project implementation in order to streamline delivery of public benefits; propose creative solutions to these challenges based on knowledge, research, and analysis of development processes and economics, City policy, and/or other project and neighborhood-specific considerations;
5. Report the status of the implementation/fulfillment of the portfolio of development agreement obligations via annual compliance reports, web-based tracking systems and websites;
6. Represent OEWD in community and stakeholder outreach related to Development Agreement implementation;
7. Report on the status of the portfolio projects to relevant commissions and the Board of Supervisors, as necessary;
8. Advise on OEWD’s future Development Agreement negotiations process, drawing upon knowledge gained through the work described in #1 through #7;
2. Possession of a graduate degree (Master's degree or higher) from an accredited college or university with major college coursework as described in Note B and two (2) years full-time equivalent experience performing professional level analytical work as described in Note A; OR
3. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and four (4) years full-time equivalent experience performing professional level analytical work as described in Note A; OR
4. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with major college coursework as described in Note B and three (3) years full-time equivalent performing professional level analytical work as described in Note A
SUBSTITUTION: Applicants may substitute up to 2 years of the required education with additional qualifying experience in budget analysis, financial analysis and reporting, legislative/policy analysis, or contract/grant administration. One year (2000 hours) of additional qualifying experience will be considered equivalent to 30 semester units/45 quarter units.
Notes on Qualifying Experience and Education:
A. Qualifying professional-level analytical experience must be in one or more of the following functional areas: complex budget analysis, development and administration; complex financial/fiscal analysis and reporting; development of complex contracting systems and administration of competitive bid processes and complex contractual agreements; development and evaluation of complex management/administrative policy; complex grant administration and monitoring; complex program evaluation and planning; complex legislative analysis; complex economic analysis; or other functional areas related to the duties of positions in Class 1823, where the primary focus of the job is complex professional-level analysis for evaluation, recommendation, development and implementation of major programs and functions of department/organization. Analytical experience equivalent to the duties of Class 1822 is considered qualifying.
B. Coursework applicable to a baccalaureate or higher degree in specialized subject matter areas such as public or business administration, management, business law, contract law, public policy, urban studies, economics, statistical analysis, finance, accounting or other fields of study closely related to the essential functions of positions in Class 1823.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Please upload both a RESUME AND A COVERLETTER AS ONE (1) ATTACHMENT. Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Anabel Simonelli-Kupelian, by telephone at 415-554-6657, or by email at email@example.com.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|