|Department||Community College District|
|Date Opened||12/18/2017 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/5/2018 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary Range A: $34.30 - $29.20/hourly Salary Range B: $30.63 - $35.49/hourly|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
Appointment Type: Permanent-Exempt. Exempt employees are considered "at will " and serve at the discretion of the appointing officer.
Work Schedule/Load: Two (2) permanent-exempt, full-time (40 hours/week), school-term only positions. School-term only employees are hired for a specific work calendar and may not have an assignment during the school/academic breaks. Shift will include evenings and weekends.
Location: New Student Counseling Department at various campus sites.
Contact (for information regarding positions): Lisa Romano, Email: email@example.com, Telephone: 415/239-3675.
Position Description: Under general supervision, performs difficult and specialized typing and office clerical work in connection with the preparation and maintenance of a wide variety of operating, financial, purchasing, accounting and similar records and reports; and performs related duties as required. Requires responsibility for: interpreting, carrying out and enforcing existing departmental methods and procedures in connection with office operations making regular contacts in a professional and respectful manner with other departmental personnel, the general public and outside organizations relative to office operations; preparing, checking and reviewing detailed and important office operational records and reports.
Examples of Duties: Under general supervision of the Counseling Department Chair, the 1406 Senior Clerk performs the following functions:
1. Interact cordially, empathetically, effectively and professionally with students, the public, and the CCSF personnel.
2. Provide customer service assistance to walk-in and telephone inquiries; answer and screen telephone calls in a pleasant, professional manner, and direct calls accordingly. Respond to all voicemail messages in a timely manner.
3. Provide prospective, new and continuing students with general information about CCSF counseling services and recommend matriculation services (orientation, placement, assessment, education planning) as appropriate.
4. Set up, and provide intake activity for new student orientations.
5. Assist new students with on-line orientations.
6. Manage the SARS/GRID electronic appointment system which includes creating master templates, booking student appointments, marking attendance and printing out table and statistical reports.
7. Prepare work assignment forms for counseling assignments.
8. Keep track of counselors' flex schedules and sick leave.
9. Maintain files and reference binders.
10. Log and distribute incoming and outgoing office correspondence and mail.
11. Duplicate and fax documents as needed.
12. Prepare Microsoft and Excel documents and perform related clerical functions using computer applications such as Access, etc.
13. Prepare and submit requisitions for supplies, furniture, and other office items. Keep track of inventory of said items.
14. Retrieve records from the Banner computer system.
15. Assist Department Chair in tracking budget expenditures.
16. Assist with special projects such as assessments of student learning outcomes: e.g. coding, etc.
17. Perform other duties/tasks as assigned by the Department Chair.
1. Two (2) years (equivalent to 4000 hours) of verifiable clerical experience including preparing and maintaining a variety of records and/or documents, filing, use of office equipment, public contact and processing of incoming and outgoing mail; OR
2. Eighteen (18) months (equivalent to 3000 hours) of verifiable clerical experience as described in #1 and completion of a clerical training program (240 hours); OR
3. Eighteen (18) months (equivalent to 3000 hours) of verifiable clerical experience as described in #1 and 15 semester units (or equivalent quarter units) of coursework from an accredited college or university.
Note: Work experience with the District as a College Work Study (CWS) student or Lab Aide (3591 Classification) will not be considered or applied as qualifying experience.
1. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
2. Three (3) years clerical experience.
3. Sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability and ethnic background of students served.
4. One (1) year experience working in a community college setting.
5. Knowledge of and experience with Banner computer and SARS Grid systems.
6. Ability to perform word processing at least at an intermediate level of proficiency using Microsoft applications.
7. Ability to multi-task, balance multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
8. Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with administrators, faculty, staff, students and the general public.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
How To Apply
Applications for City College of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit https://jobs.ccsf.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53340 to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Applicants must submit the following materials along with a completed electronic application by the filing deadline to be considered for the position. Applicants filed without the required documents will be rejected.
Note: the employment portion of the application must be filled out.
1. Completion of online application. Start process by clicking on the "Apply for this Position" button at the bottom of this page; AND
2. A letter expressing interest in the position specifically indicating how you meet the Minimum and Desirable Qualifications as listed in this announcement and identifying the department above; AND
3. A current resume summarizing educational background and related work experience; AND if applicable for meeting minimum qualifications;
4. Educational verifications as stated below:
Educational Verification: Verification of qualifying education must include copies of transcripts, diplomas or certificates. If verification cannot be obtained, the applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why such verification cannot be obtained. Request for waiver will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Foreign degree(s)/coursework used as qualifying to meet minimum qualifications must be evaluated by a foreign degree evaluation services organization, before an application can be processed. Please contact the CCSF Human Resources Department at (415) 241-2246 for evaluation sources. Failure to submit the required verification or request for waiver with the application at the time of filing will result in rejection of the application.
Verification of Experience: Verification of experience may be requested at any time during this recruitment and selection process. If requested, verification of experience needed to qualify must be submitted on the employer's letterhead and indicate the name of the applicant, job title, dates of employment, hours/week, and duties performed and must be signed by the supervisor and/or appropriate company representative.
Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Waiver requests will be considered on an case-by-case basis. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver at the time of verification is requested may result in the rejection of the application.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine applicants' qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited to participate in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview.
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Linda K. Kaholo, by telephone at 415/241-2211, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: 082982
CCD/ LKK / 415/241-2211
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.