1094-IT Operations Support Administrator IV
|Date Opened||12/4/2013 6:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/3/2014 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$46.01 - $57.01/hour; $7,976.00 - $9,882.00/month; $95,706.00 - $118,586.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent PBT|
1094 IT Operations Support Administrator IV
This is a Position Based Test conducted in accordance with
Civil Service Commission Rule 111A.
AMENDED TO REFLECT A CHANGE IN MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
FINAL FILING DATE: FILE IMMEDIATELY
Receipt of applications may close at anytime, but not before Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 5:00 PM.
FINAL FILING DATE: FILE IMMEDIATELY
Under general direction, serves as the technical authority for operational activities in addition to performing the most complex technical and operational support work, systems analysis , and systems and network administration which may include computers, peripherals, and mobile device configuration, or a combination of these activities working in a large network with multiple Local Area Networks (LANs) or in a major data center with multiple and distinct computers, servers and associated networks; researches problems, plans solutions, develops operational procedures, recommends software and systems; develops cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation timelines; provides ongoing and remedial user training; establishes and performs data and access protection processes; integrates hardware, operating systems and program applications; and performs the most difficult and highly complex duties of an IT unit
1. Install, configure, maintain, repair, migrate and upgrade hardware/software/firmware for PCs, laptops, Smart Phones, network printers and peripherals.
2. Provide Tier 2 support for Active Directory, Lotus Notes Email, O365, Virtual Desktops and other law enforcement applications.
3. Provide remote phone support and field support for end-user reported issues.
4. Standardize building image for SFPD users based on the SFPD business function, maintain and build a consistent experience for all users within SFPD by providing a platform that is robust and easily maintainable.
5. On-board and Off-board users, including managing user accounts based on their configuration, security rights and group policies within A/D environment.
6. Maintain all assets (hardware, software, service contracts and warranty information) of SFPD in SFPD Asset Management System
7. Perform help desk functions for more complex problems, including coordinating the development and implementation of problem resolutions; coordinate hardware, software and service repairs.
8. Review plans for software and hardware equipment and services; develop detailed specifications; research and evaluate software and hardware technologies; consult on feasibility, costs and benefits of additions or enhancements; participate in the request for proposal process; oversee the maintenance inventories; plan for equipment needs; research, evaluate and test hardware and software products; coordinate hardware and software purchases; prepare procedures documentation.
9. Manage end-user administration of SFPD Customer Relationship Management Tool (ServiceNow),duties would involve ensuring the data in the system is accurate and reflects correct inventory of users, assets, knowledge and service tickets.
10. Assess end-user training needs; develop training programs and materials, share & train end-users/staff as directed
11. Perform highly complex technical and operational IT support work, and systems analysis and administration and/or lead the work of others engaged in routine to complex IT support; organize, prioritize and may distribute work assignments; may mentor, train and provide input into evaluation of subordinate staff
12. Work directly with contractors and vendors as needed to resolve SFPD law enforcement applications & services.
13. Interface with users, engineers, and other analysts for multi-department system projects and system related activities to meet the needs of the department.
Special Requirements: Essential duties require the following physical skills and work requirements: Some positions may require sufficient strength and coordination for lifting, pushing, pulling and/or carrying the weight of computer systems equipment. Positions may also require sufficient hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity for taking apart casings and installing parts and connecting computer systems hardware. May require bending, stooping and/or crawling in order to install or repair computer systems hardware.
1. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) from an accredited college or university in computer science, information systems or a related field; AND
2. Four (4) years of recent and verifiable advance journey level IS administrative experience in System Administration for Windows Servers: 2000, 2003 Windows Desktop: 2000, XP, Windows 7
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis. Thirty (30) semester units or forty-five (45) quarter units equal one year.
Three years (3) high volume Direct Customer Service experience.
The above minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position(s) to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this class code.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
Certification in System Administrator for ServiceNow
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
How To Apply
File immediately. Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient amount are received. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
• Select the desired job announcement 1094 Operation Support Administrator IV (PBT-1094-062425) Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
• Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
• Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta. com).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Ada Dupree, by telephone at (415) 558-2463 or by email at Ada.email@example.com.
Training and Experience Evaluation (weight 100%)
The responses to the supplemental questionnaire will be used to evaluate qualified candidates and measure knowledge, skills and/or abilities in job-related areas which may include but not be limited to: Technical/ Analytical skills; knowledge of: Computers which include Windows Administration-Windows Server Administration; Web based applications, Customer Relations Management, Active Directory, Networking Protocols, Encryption, Virtual environments, Imaging and Print Server Management in addition to effective communication in written form.
Candidate scores on this examination may also be applied to other announcements involving other job titles, when directed by the Human Resources Director.
The Department may administer additional selection procedures to make final hiring decisions.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point in the application, examination and/or departmental selection process. Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
The certification rule for the eligible list resulting from this examination will be Rule of Three Scores. Additional selection processes may be conducted by the hiring department prior to making final hiring decisions.
The duration of the eligible list resulting from this examination process will be of six (6) months, and may be extended with the approval of the Human Resources Director.
The eligible list resulting from this examination is subject to change after adoption (e.g., as a result of appeals), as directed by the Human Resources Director or the Civil Service Commission.
Upon approval of the Human Resource Director (see Civil Service Rule 111A.26.5), the eligible list resulting from this announcement may be used by other departments that also use this classification or a similar classification. To find other Departments which use this classification, please see http://www.sfdhr.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentID=13693. Search that document by title or job code to see which departments use the classification.
Prior to employment with the San Francisco Police Department, a thorough background investigation will be conducted to determine the candidate’s suitability for employment. The investigation may include, but not be limited to: criminal history records, driving records, drug/alcohol screening, and other related employment and personal history records. Reasons for rejection may include use of controlled substances and alcohol, felony conviction, repeated or serious violations of the law, inability to work with co-workers, inability to accept supervision, inability to follow rules and regulations or other relevant factors. Candidates may be required to undergo drug/alcohol screening, and must clear Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation fingerprinting. Criminal records will be carefully reviewed; candidates who do not report their complete criminal records on their applications will be disqualified. Applicants will be fingerprinted.
Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Disaster Service Workers
Reasonable Accommodation Request: Applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation for this process must contact Penny Si by phone at (415) 553-1343 or if hearing impaired, (415) 558-2407 (TTY), or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible
Position Based Testing:
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20 or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Terms of Announcement:
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
The terms of this announcement may be appealed under Civil Service Rule 111A.35.1. The standard for the review of such appeals is ‘abuse of discretion’ or ‘no rational basis’ for establishing the position description, the minimum qualifications and/or the certification rule. Appeals must include a written statement of the item(s) being contested and the specific reason(s) why the cited item(s) constitute(s) abuse of discretion by the Human Resources Director. Appeals must be submitted directly to the Executive Officer of the Civil Service Commission within five business days of the announcement issuance date.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Seniority Credit in Promotional Exams:
Information regarding seniority credit can be found at:
Civil Service Commission Rules for the City and County of San Francisco specify announcement, application and examination policies and procedures, including applicant appeal rights. Information can be found on the Civil Service Commission website at http://www.sfgov3.org/index.aspx?page=300.
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Issued: December 4, 2014
Amended: February 5, 2014
Recruitment ID Number: PBT-1094-062425
POL/AD / (415)558-2463
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.