1092 IT Operations Support Administrator II
|Date Opened||12/29/2016 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/13/2017 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$30.23 - $37.46/hour; $5,239.00 - $6,494.00/month; $62,868.00 - $77,922.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent PBT|
1092 IT Operations Support Administrator II
Office of the Treasurer and Tax Collector
This is a Position Based Test administered in accordance with Civil Service Rule 111A. The eligible list resulting from this examination may be utilized for future positions in this class in other City departments.
WHO WE ARE: http://sftreasurer.org/
The Office of the Treasurer & Tax Collector offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to serve this historic, well-established city department by engaging in interesting and rewarding mission-critical work. The Office of the Treasurer & Tax Collector serves as the banker, tax collector, collection agent, and investment officer for the government of San Francisco.
This position is located in the Office of the Treasurer/Tax Collector’s Information Services Section.
Under general direction of the IS Project Director, you will be joining a talented team of technologists. As the IT Operations Support Administrator II, you will be challenged to provide technical, operational, and analytical problem solving support for various programs, applications and systems, including hardware and software setup and maintenance.
Major job duties and responsibilities:
1. Performs Help Desk functions for routine issues including problem determination, tracking, analysis, and resolution system issues; for enterprise remittance application system and related functions, researches and resolves payment processing issues; provides problem determination and technical assistance for imaging, archiving, workflow issues; escalates and coordinates problem resolution activities.
2. Provides technical/operational support and maintenance for computers networks, and the use and interpretation of different custom applications; monitors, operates, enhances, installs and configures computer and/or telecommunications hardware and software, and sets up peripheral equipment; assists in upgrades; may coordinate with Department’s Application Support Staff and vendors for resolution.
3. Researches, analyzes, and tests application or system software for compatibility and capability to specific job applications and assignments.
4. Assists in the development and production of documentation for internal knowledgebase and tracking, including system/end user documentation for different applications.
5. Instructs users in logon and other user requests; assists in the development and implementation of training activities, procedures manuals, and other materials/documentation.
6. Performs data extra, upload and download of validation files to different subsystems, databases, and online applications.
7. Keeps inventory of hardware, software and supplies; recommends hardware and software purchases; coordinates with vendor to obtain price quotes and for delivery of inventory; receives, transports, and maintains inventory.
Requires an Associate's Degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field].
One (1) year of experience performing analysis, installation and technical support in a network environment.
- One (1) year of recent and verifiable experience supporting Windows based server (2008 and above) and desktop operating systems, including the management of Windows services and use of Windows administrative tools.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry 25 pounds.
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
Special Conditions: The above minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position(s) to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this class code. Applicants MUST possess the experience and education as listed above in the minimum qualifications
- Demonstrated experience providing effective and exemplary customer service and problem resolution.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize competing requests for service. Ability to train and advise users on the use of custom commercial off the shelf applications.
- Ability to write documentation to develop training material and system/end user documentation for different applications, and update the knowledgebase.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, speaking clearly and concisely to convey and receive information.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact Joni Kuroyama at (415) 554-4475, or via email at email@example.com.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Supplemental Questionnaire (weight 100%):
Candidates will be prompted to complete the Supplemental Questionnaire that must be submitted during the online application process. However, only those candidates who meet the Minimum Qualifications will receive a score for their Supplemental Questionnaire responses.
The Supplemental Questionnaire Evaluation is designed to measure knowledge, skills and abilities in job-related areas, which may include but not be limited to:
· Knowledge of software applications, networks, LAN administration, Windows server 2008 desktop operating systems and above and Microsoft active directory.
· Ability to provide technical, operational and analytical problem solving support for Windows server 2008 desktop operating systems and above, and Microsoft active directory account administration.
· Ability to install, maintain, expand, and upgrade software, hardware, networks, desktops, mobile devices, peripherals.
· Ability to use logic and analysis to troubleshoot and debug software issues and solve problems to support Microsoft Office 2007/2010, 2013, Office 365, Microsoft Outlook, fillable PDF forms using creator programs.
· Ability to train and advise users on the use of custom commercial off the shelf applications.
· Ability to write documentation to develop training material and system/end user documentation for different applications, and update the knowledgebase.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally, speaking clearly and concisely to convey and receive information.
· Ability to support a cashiering and remittance system product Ability to work as a member of a team and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Ability to support an imaging, archiving, and workflow system Ability to prioritize competing requests for service.
Note: Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed to advance through all of the steps in the selection process. Candidates must pass all test components in order to be placed on the eligible list.
The department may utilize additional position-specific selection procedures to make a final hiring decision.
The certification rule used for the ranked eligible list resulting from this examination will be the Rule of 3 Scores. Additional selection processes may be conducted by the hiring department prior to making final hiring decisions.
The duration of the eligible list resulting from this examination process will be six (6) months, and may be extended with the approval of the Human Resources Director.
The eligible list resulting from this examination is subject to change after adoption (e.g., as a result of appeals), as directed by the Human Resources Director or the Civil Service Commission.
Upon approval of the Human Resource Director (see Civil Service Rule 111A.26.5), the eligible list resulting from this announcement may be used by other departments that also use this classification or a similar classification. To find other departments that use this classification, please see
http://www.sfdhr.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentID=13693. Search that document by title or job code to see which departments use the classification.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Position Based Testing information can be found at:
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#applicantswithdisabilities
Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#veteranspreference
Seniority Credit in Promotional Exams can be found at:
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures can be found at:
http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20 or a hard copy may be obtained at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents: Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned. Information regarding this can be found at:
Right to Work: All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States. More information can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#identification
Terms of the Announcement:
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
The terms of this announcement may be appealed under Civil Service Rule 111A.35.1. The standard for the review of such appeals is ‘abuse of discretion’ or ‘no rational basis’ for establishing the position description, the minimum qualifications and/or the certification rule. Appeals must include a written statement of the item(s) being contested and the specific reason(s) why the cited item(s) constitute(s) abuse of discretion by the Human Resources Director. Appeals must be submitted directly to the Executive Officer of the Civil Service Commission within five business days of the announcement issuance date.
COMBINED PROMOTIVE & ENTRANCE
Micki Callahan, Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: PBT-1092-073036
Issued: December 29, 2016
TTX/JK (415) 554-4475
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.