2320 Registered Nurse [Psychiatric Care]
|Date Opened||1/23/2015 8:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$57.81 - $75.94/hour; $10,021.00 - $13,163.00/month; $120,250.00 - $157,950.00/year|
|Job Type||Continuous CBT|
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON A CONTINOUS BASIS
BASED ON DEPARTMENT HIRING NEEDS
All qualified applicants will be required to submit verification (proof) of qualifications. If your application demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications, you will receive an email requesting submission of verification documentation.
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (ZSFG) is an essential part of San Francisco’s health care system serving some 100,000 patients each year and providing 20 percent of the city’s inpatient care. Recognized as one of the nation’s top hospitals, we serve the community with a full complement of inpatient, outpatient, emergency, diagnostic and psychiatric services for adults and children 24-hours a day.
Under general direction, the Registered Nurse in the Psychiatric Nursing specialty performs professional nursing duties. Essential functions include:
- Performs nursing assessment of clients
- Implements medical care plans
- Directs and supervises the patient care provided by the nursing personnel
- Maintains standard unit activities
- Performs other related duties as assigned/required
1. Possession of a valid permanent/temporary (including interim permit) California Registered Nurse License; AND
2A. One (1) year of verifiable experience (equivalent to 2,000 hours) within the last three (3) years as a Registered Nurse in a Psychiatric Unit/Clinic and/or Mental Health Center OR
2B. Completion of a senior preceptorship in psychiatric nursing
The above minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position(s) to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this classification.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate Requirement / Provision:
Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate issued by the American Heart Association is required as a provision to employment for all positions. Eligibles who do not possess such a certification may participate in this examination process and be appointed to a position(s), but will be required to obtain the certificate within two (2) weeks of hire date and maintain validity throughout length of employment. A photocopy of the valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate must be provided to the appropriate supervisor of the appointment within the allotted time frame. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of valid certification within two (2) weeks of hire date and throughout length of employment may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
As of October 14, 2016, in order to place you at the appropriate salary step your application must contain verifiable RN employment history for up to 21 years. A resume cannot substitute for the need to fully complete your employment application. Information regarding salary placement
If your application is deemed qualified, you will receive an email requesting that you submit the following documentation:
- A copy of your valid Registered Nurse (RN) license (front and back). Information regarding California Registered Nurse (RN) licenses may be obtained from the California Board of Registered Nursing, 400 R Street, Suite 4030, P.O. Box 944210, Sacramento, CA 94244-2100, telephone: (916) 322-3350. Web address: http://www.rn.ca.gov/
- A copy of your valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification (front and back) and any other certifications required by this specialty area.
- Verification of your completion of nursing education. Qualifying education must be verified by copy of diploma showing major or transcripts showing coursework completed. Information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456.
- Verification of all experience needed to meet the minimum qualifications of the position (specialty area). Verification Forms for all specialty areas are available at www.dphhumanresources.org or by clinking on the link below:
- A list of three (3) references and your consent to contact these references after you have identified as a finalist in the selection process.
Failure to submit the requested verification will result in delays to the selection process.
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
You can also watch this video for further assistance with our online application system:
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Casey Botkin, by telephone at 415-554-2916, or by email at Casey.Botkin@sfdph.org
Training and Experience Evaluation (Weight: 100%): Candidates will be prompted to complete a supplemental questionnaire as part of the online employment application. The Supplemental Questionnaire is designed to measure knowledge, skills and/or abilities in job-related areas that have been identified as critical for satisfactory performance in this position.
All relevant experience, education and/or training must be on the application in order to be reviewed in the scoring process. Candidate responses on the Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be changed once submitted. Candidates will be placed on the eligible list in rank order according to their final score on the Supplemental Questionnaire. The department may administer additional position-specific selection procedures to make final hiring decisions.
CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT/ELIGIBLE LIST:
The City and County of San Francisco tests continuously for Class 2320 Registered Nurse. Please note that an eligible list is established for each Class 2320 Registered Nurse specialty area. Candidates interested in multiple specialty areas must apply separately to each recruitment.
Any applicant whose application is deemed not qualified may reapply after 3 months upon successfully meeting the minimum qualifications for the given specialty area.
Names of successful candidates will be added to the existing eligible list with an eligibility period of twelve (12) months. Candidates are not allowed to reapply during their 12 month eligibility period. Names are removed from a continuous list at the end of the eligibility period. Candidates do not have the option to automatically extend their eligibility. If you wish to reapply after your eligibility expires, return to the announcement for the specialty area that you are interested in, and follow the instructions in the How to Apply section of the announcement. Please note, reapplying is not permitted while your name is still on the eligible list.
Note: Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible list in rank order according to their final score on the Supplemental Questionnaire. This score is valid for twelve (12) months. Although your score will not change during your eligibility period, your rank on the eligible list may change when a new eligible list is established.
Certification: The certification rule for the eligible list resulting from this examination will be Rule of the List. Additional selection processes may be conducted by the hiring department prior to making final hiring decisions.
Eligible List: The eligible list resulting from this examination is subject to change after adoption (e.g., as a result of appeals), as directed by the Human Resources Director or the Civil Service Commission.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at:
Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at:
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20 or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Terms of Announcement and Appeal Rights
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. [Note: The correction of clerical errors in an announcement may be posted on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.] The terms of this announcement may be appealed under Civil Service Rule 110.4. Such appeals must be submitted in writing to the Department of Human Resources, 1 S Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103-5413 by close of business on the 5th business day following the issuance date of this examination announcement. Information concerning other Civil Service Commission Rules involving announcements, applications and examination policies, including applicant appeal rights, can be found on the Civil Service Commission website at http://sfgov.org/civilservice/rules.
Condition of Employment: Highest Educational Achievement
Due to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment 1988, all applicants who are selected for a position will be required to provide verification of highest level of education achieved. Applicants must meet one of the following conditions:
1. Have earned a doctoral, master's, or bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science (including nursing), or medical technology from an accredited institution; OR
2. Have earned an associate degree in a chemical, physical or biological science (including nursing)or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution.
Note on ICARE: DPH employees are expected to demonstrate world class care in alignment with ZSFG’s caring framework, ICARE (I-Introduce, C-Connect, A-Ask, R-Respond, E-Exit)
Note on Electronic Health Record (EHR): The Department of Public Health (DPH) is implementing a unified Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and DPH employees must demonstrate competency in the use of the system that is appropriate for their classification as a condition of employment.
Note on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Some positions in the Department of Public Health will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to gloves, gowns, eye and face protection, and face-fitting respirators. The requirement for the use of PPE may come on short or no notice. Facial hair or any condition that interferes with a face-fitting respirator’s seal (i.e. comes between the sealing surfaces of the respirator and the wearer’s bare skin) is not permitted when face-fitting respirators are worn, including during initial or periodic respirator fit-testing. Employees who choose not to shave and do not have either American Disabilities Act (ADA) or Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Accommodations do not have the right to alternate work assignments or the option of using a loose-fitting Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) in place of a FaceFitting Respirator.
1. If appointed, eligibles possessing interim permits or temporary licenses must present full and unrestricted California Registered Nurse licenses prior to completion of the probationary period.
2. Valid licensure must be kept current throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of required valid licensure may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
3. Information regarding California Registered Nurse (RN) licenses may be obtained from the California Board of Registered Nursing, 400 R Street, Suite 4030, P.O. Box 944210, Sacramento, CA 94244-2100, telephone: (916) 322-3350. Web address: http://www.rn.ca.gov/
4. Some positions may require bilingual fluency in a variety of languages depending upon the department’s needs. Only those eligibles who pass the bilingual proficiency test will be considered for these positions. Applicants must indicate the language(s) in which they claim proficiency on the application.
5. Prior to appointment, some positions require that candidates complete a personal history statement and pass a thorough background investigation to determine the candidate’s suitability for employment. The investigation is limited to job-relevant and legally mandated matters, and may include a reference check, verification of employment history and education, military and financial history, fingerprinting, and criminal and motor vehicle records. Some positions require that candidates undergo drug/alcohol screening. Failure to obtain and maintain security clearance may be basis for termination from employment. In addition, prior to appointment, at the department's expense, applicants may be required to take a TB Screening Test and/or a medical examination.
Exam Type: ENTRANCE
Reissued: January 23, 2015 for continuous recruitment
Issued: October 10, 2014
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: CCT-2320-900420
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|