9920 Public Service Aide - Custodial Trainee Program
|Department||Airport - San Francisco International|
|Date Opened||8/11/2017 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$19.81 - $19.81/hour|
|Job Type||None - NON-PUBLIC|
Appointment Type: Temporary-Exempt/As-Needed - Temporary exempt as-needed appointments may not exceed 1040 hours within a continuous 12-month period.
SFO Career Connect - Custodial Trainee Program
ABOUT CAREER CONNECT: CUSTODIAL TRACK (35 hours per week, $19.81/hr)
· 10 month paid training program at San Francisco International Airport that prepares participants to qualify for the 2708 Custodian position with the City and County of San Francisco.
· 2708 Custodian position can be viewed here:
· Trainees attend a paid four week SFO orientation. During orientation trainees work between 15-20 hours per week.
· After orientation Custodial Track Trainees work in SFO’s Custodial Services department and receive training in facility maintenance.
· Trainees also attend class at City College of San Francisco’s Evan’s Campus on Monday and Wednesday nights from 6pm-9pm to obtain their certificate in Custodial/Building Maintenance. Trainees are paid to attend class.
· In addition to training with Custodial Services, interns will also work with the SFO team to develop life skills around money management, communication, housing and transportation, and job readiness.
· BART and SamTrans are provided.
· Uniforms are provided.
AFTER CUSTODIAL TRACK: Transition to SFO Employment and Preparation for the 2708 Custodian Application with the City of SF
Trainees are evaluated throughout their internship by all levels of SFO Internships staff and Custodial Supervisors.
Trainees that successfully complete their Custodial Track internship with quality evaluations are offered the chance to transition to a job at one of the companies at SFO while they also work with SFO Internships staff to prepare to the exam to become a permanent 2708 Custodian with the City and County of San Francisco.
· Between the ages of 21-27
· No felony convictions for the last 10 years
· Ability to pass a drug screen
· Either living in San Francisco or with a San Francisco affiliation (originally from SF, went to school in SF, out of home placement in SF, etc.)
· GED, Diploma, or Certificate of Completion (Must show at interview)
· Must have a valid social security number at time of applying for this position
· 2 current forms of identification (Must show at interview)
· One picture ID: driver’s license, California ID card, passport
· Social security card or birth certificate
· Must include a cover letter and resume as part of the application process
· Cover letter should include why you want to be part of the Custodial Trainee Program
· Upload cover letter under the "Other" tab
· Upload resume under the "Resume" tab
· Interview will occur in October 2017
· Projected start work date is 1/2/2018
*Candidates do not need to register for City College prior to applying. If selected, you will register through SFO.
Permanent or long-term employment with the Airport Commission is not guaranteed.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for Career Connect: Custodial Track are available online only.
Information about Custodial Track can be directed to Laurel Moeslein: 650-821-5241 or email@example.com
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
* Select 9920 Public Service Aide - Career Connect: Custodial Track
* Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
* Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
* Follow instructions on the screen
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness, 4th Floor, San Francisco, or the Airport Commission Human Resources at 710 N. McDonnell Rd., 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94128 for use by the public to apply for City jobs. The hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum requirements must be included on your application by the filing deadline.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the human resources analyst, Nina Huey at 650-821-2028 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or Karen Ma at 650-821-2027 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment.
Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification from this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Screening of Applications:
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience and education. Additional mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidate’s qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited to continue in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement in the process.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Security Clearance:
Candidates for employment with the San Francisco Airport Commission are required to undergo a criminal history record check, including FBI fingerprints, and Security Threat Assessment in order to determine eligibility for security clearance and may be required to undergo drug/alcohol screening. Per Civil Service Commission Rule Section 110.9.1, every applicant for an examination must possess and maintain the qualifications required by law and by the examination announcement for the examination. Failure to obtain and maintain security clearance may be basis for termination from employment with the Airport Commission.
Reasonable Accommodation Request:
Applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation for this examination can find information on requesting a reasonable accommodation at
Terms of the Announcement:
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20 or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#copies. Applicants are advised to keep copies of all documents submitted. Submitted documents become a permanent part of the exam record and will not be returned. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Recruitment Type: Temporary Exempt As Needed
Recruitment ID #: TEX-9920-902201
Airport /NH/(650) 821-2028
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|