2232 Senior Physician Specialist
Reopened - Clerical Amendment
|Date Opened||12/14/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/21/2012 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$145,574.00 - $206,024.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
2232 SENIOR PHYSICIAN SPECIALIST
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Permanent Exempt
The Department of Public Health-Community Oriented Primary Care is accepting applications for one (1) full-time position in class 2232 Senior Physician Specialist to serve as Medical Director at Ocean Park Health Center.
Community Oriented Primary Care sites provide medical, mental health, substance abuse, social work, and outreach services to residents of San Francisco who are medically under-served. The patient population includes adults and families whose medical problems are often complicated by lack of housing, low income, recent immigration, and psychosocial stressors. .
The Medical Directors are the senior administrative staff at each health center and are responsible for all aspects of the management of the health center and its satellite and outreach programs. The Medical Director is responsible for services to community satellite sites where offered. This position is also responsible for community relations with collaborators, funders, community groups, and systems of care within the Department of Public Health, inter-departmental, and with outside agencies.
SHIFT: This position is required to be on call, and evening and weekend hours may be required.
PATIENT/POPULATION: individuals on with severe and persistent mental illness, often with co-occurring substance use.
Under the general direction of the COPC Medical Director, the Ocean Park Medical Director performs the following essential job functions:
- Assists in directing all activities of the health center in collaboration with the administrative team;
- Supervises (including assignment of job duties and responsibilities, scheduling and coverage, annual performance appraisals, conflict resolutions, disciplinary procedures, and daily problem solving), the medical provider staff;
- Assists in administrative supervision of all staff;
- Assists in coordinating recruitment, training and staff development activities;
- Assists in overseeing all aspects of operations, advocacy, daily problem solving and productivity for activities at community and satellite sites;
- Assists in overseeing quality improvement activities of the health center;
- Maintains collaboration with community collaborators and partners;
- Assists in overseeing planning and policy development for the health center as a whole and its satellite sites;
- Assists in monitoring and managing of grants and contracts;
- Assists in coordinating education and activities for staff and students;
- Participates, as part of a multidisciplinary team, in the care of patients at the health center;
- Performs essential duties of a physician specialist; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
1. Graduation from an approved School of Medicine; AND
2. Possession of an M.D. or D.O. degree; AND
3. Completion of a recognized residency program in Internal Medicine or Family Practice; AND
4. Board certification or eligibility in Internal Medicine or Family Practice; AND
5. Possession of a California Medical License issued by the California Medical Board.
· Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating innovative programs.
· Experience or willingness to learn the use of electronic health record systems.
· Five years or more experience in a community based or outpatient clinic providing service to the medically under-served in a multicultural environment.
· Experience working in and managing multi-agency collaborative.
· Desire to work with a medically underserved patient population.
· Training or experience in primary care, Health Care for the Homeless, and working in a multi-disciplinary setting.
· Experience with and sensitivity to sexual orientation and gender minorities.
· Literacy in electronic systems, databases, software.
Condition(s) of Employment:
All qualified candidates who have been selected for appointment to positions in all specialty areas must be an eligible billable provider and will be required to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to participate in Medicare, Medicaid and/or other federal health care programs;
· Possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI);
· Submit a completed credentialing application and/or required documentation for credentialing; AND
· Possess a valid third-party billable provider certification (such as Medicare, Medi-Cal and/or private insurance) OR have submitted a completed billable provider application, along with the required documentation, in order to obtain the appropriate billable provider status.
Failure to meet these criteria and/or ‘Conditions of Employment’ within two (2) weeks PRIOR to start work date may result in the delay of appointment and/or cancellation of employment offer. Once appointed, all qualified candidates/employees will be required to retain these qualifications throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate (show proof) of qualifications shall result in the termination of employment.
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow the instructions on the screen
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Fidez Bituin, Executive Secretary
via email at Fidez.Bituin@sfdph.org or via phone at 415-255-3516
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources,
VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATE:
All applicants must be able to produce a copy of required licenses and/or certifications when requested throughout the application process. Failure to provide verification(s) may result in rejection of application process.
Experience: All applicants must be able to produce employment verification(s) if requested throughout the application process. Failure to present documentation may result in rejection of application and removal from the application process.
Verification of all experience needed to qualify if requested must be on the employer's letterhead indicating the name of the applicant, job title, dates of employment, hours per week, duties performed and must be signed by the supervisor and/or appropriate representative.
City employees do not need to submit verification of qualifying City work experience if experience gained is from the class to which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee's class will only be allowed if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. City employees relying upon qualifying work experience gained outside the City and
Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Waiver request will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver at the time of filing may result in rejection of the application.
The selection process will include an evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
The Department of Public Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
COMBINED ENTRANCE AND PROMOTIVE
Reissued: December 14, 2012 - Clerical Amendment
Issued: November 16, 2012
Announcement No.: PEX-2232-059693
Team DPH/LL (415) 206-8150 (DHR Pos No. 01121064)
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.