We are currently accepting applications for this position.
To apply, please close this pop-up window and then click on Current Openings.
$81.13-$114.88 Hourly / $14,062.00-$19,912.00 Monthly / $168,740.00-$238,940.00 Yearly
“The class specification shall be descriptive of the class and shall not be considered as a restriction on the assignment of duties not specifically listed.” (CSC Rule 7).
1. As a family physician, internist or medical subspecialist, evaluates patient signs and symptoms, reviews laboratory and radiological data, diagnoses complex cases, and institutes treatments as appropriate. May serve as a consultant to other physicians, including specialists in other fields.
2. As a surgical specialist or subspecialist, evaluates patient signs and symptoms, reviews laboratory and radiological data, recommends, performs, and consults on specialized surgical procedures within his or her specialty field.
3. As a specialist in psychiatry, evaluates, plans and implements treatments for patients with a variety of psychiatric disorders.
4. As a pediatrician, examines, diagnoses, and treats pediatric patients; refers to other physicians, clinics, and agencies when so indicated.
5. As an obstetrician/gynecologist, provides obstetrical and gynecological care including screening, diagnosis, treatment, prenatal and obstetrical care.
6. As a specialist in occupational health, conducts pre-employment physical examinations of candidates for city service; when designated by the Civil Service Commission, assesses medical or physical competence of staff to perform assigned duties; participates in the identification and assessment of occupational hazards and injuries; develops and implements preventive and educational strategies.
Knowledge. Abilities and Skills: Specialized professional knowledge of a recognized medical specialty.
Skill and ability to: make expert diagnoses, interpretations and recommendations on a consultative level.