$0.00-$0.00 Hourly / $0.00-$0.00 Monthly / $0.00-$0.00 Yearly
According to Civil Service Commission Rule 109, the duties specified below are representative of the range of duties assigned to this job code (class) and are not intended to be an inclusive list.
1. Manages and directs payroll functions of the SFUSD, which supports 12,000 certificated and classified personnel employed in approximately 135 school sites and administrative facilities which utilize web-base time-reporting systems.
2. Develops and monitors division budget for personnel, equipment and supplies.
3. Ensures efficiency and effectiveness of organizational staffing patters, service levels, and administrative systems; directs the identification and analyses of opportunities for service enhancements.
4. Provides consultation, advice and support to functional managers; oversees the processing of all postpay, garnishments, Tax Sheltered Annuities (TSA), general deductions, retirement deductions and journal entries; ensures timely and accurate printing, sorting and mailing of pay warrants, direct deposits, W2's, and quarterly taxes.
5. Monitors compliance will all applicable laws, ordinances and regulations, including California Labor Code; oversees the preparation and submission of State and Federal mandated reports.
6. Prepares statistical analysis and reports.
7. Provides staff training in methods, procedures and utilization of payroll software for payroll staff and site-based timekeepers; develops and implements District payroll, and timekeeping policies and procedures in compliance with Federal and State laws and Board of Education policies and administrative regulations.
Knowledge of: Federal, State and local labor laws and regulations, including California Education Code employment provisions; SFUSD Board of Education policies and administrative regulations; labor contracts; practices and procedures of the California State Teacher's Retirement System, and the City and County of San Francisco Retirement System.
Ability to: Utilize standard office equipment and software, including MicroSoft Office; PeopleSoft HRMS 8.3, and PeopleSoft Financial 8.4.
1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or closely related field from an accredited college or university; AND
2. At least seven (7) years of supervisory experience, five (5) of which must be at management level supervising supervisors in a large payroll division responsible for processing certificated employees' pay treatment through a computerized payroll system
Any combination of training and experience as described above that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities may be qualifying.