|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||10/6/2017 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/31/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25.50 hourly plus shift differentials when working evenings, nights and holidays.|
|Full or Part Time||
Please send resume with cover letter referencing job title & 2018 - 18 CRC to:
The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) is responsible for providing services to Oklahomans who are affected by mental illness and substance abuse. ODMHSAS strives to provide persistent, incremental improvements in the quality and effectiveness of treatment which results in better recovery for more Oklahomans. Our state-operated facilities are commissioned to provide services that promote consumer empowerment, wellness, recovery, and integration in the community.
The Children’s Recovery Center of Oklahoma (CRC) is located in Norman, Oklahoma, and serves all 77 counties in Oklahoma as the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) treatment center for young people ages 13 through 17. CRC provides community crisis stabilization and residential treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health and trauma related conditions.
Children’s Recovery Center of Oklahoma is committed to creating a nonviolent and trauma-informed culture through the seven (7) Sanctuary Commitments. Those Commitments are - Non-Violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Learning, Shared Governance, Open Communication, Social Responsibility, and Commitment to Growth and Change.
• Provides nursing services through physical and mental assessments, treatment plans and therapeutic treatments.
• Knowledgeable of a wide range of disorders; cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral.
• Performs crisis intervention and works collaboratively with Psychiatrists, Therapists, and other Nurses.
• Directs the activities of the direct care staff on the unit.
• Oklahoma RN licensure and two years of professional nursing experience, including one year in a specialized area of nursing, appropriate for the health care setting; or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
• Possesses a strong commitment to patient well-being and safety and believes that recovery is possible!
Part-time (8 hour shifts) All Shifts - These positions work up to 30 hours per week and a maximum of 999 hours in a 12 month period.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request. EOE
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.