|Department||Administrative Office of the Courts|
|Date Opened||9/21/2017 1:30:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary commensurate with Education/Experience|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability date via email with “Junior Database Administrator” in message title to: email@example.com
The Supreme Court of Oklahoma Administrative Office of the Courts
2100 N. Lincoln Blvd., Suite 3
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
Junior Database Administrator
Salary commensurate with Education/Experience
The Administrative Office of the Courts is in the process of developing a statewide, unified, multi-jurisdictional Case Management System across the Oklahoma Judiciary. We are seeking, eager, talented, self-motivated individuals to join our MIS team to take the construction and implementation of the Oklahoma Case Management System (CMS) forward.
In this capacity, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a highly experienced team and join them in influencing the implementation of the statewide CMS application by ensuring that all requirements are met in the design, configuration, implementation, and administration of a state-of-the-art case management system. If you would like to bring your talents to bear in the exciting and challenging effort ahead of us, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration as described above.
The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) is seeking a self-motivated person to join the organization as a Junior Database Administrator. The Junior Database Administrator should possess the skills necessary to provide operational support for the information systems of the Administrative Office of the Courts.
The Junior Database Administrator is responsible for database management functions for the Administrative Office of the Courts. Working under the direct supervision of more experienced database administrators, the Junior Database Administrator performs database tasks such as performance tuning, capacity planning, backups monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, and change control activities.
The Junior Database Administrator performs activities associated with the management and operation of database platforms: implementing data models and designs; creating database tables, indexes, triggers and views to support new and existing applications; executing incremental and full backup policies and procedures; monitoring database size and performance; writing and tuning SQL; producing support documentation; and providing operational database support.
The Junior Database Administrator installs SQL Server software and implements upgrades and patches, performs root cause analysis on database issues, implements security for application access to databases, performs benchmarking analysis to properly size hardware platforms, and maintains technical documentation relating to database management.
Principal responsibilities include ensuring data integrity, data security, performance of production databases, supporting the development of data extract, transform, and load scripts. Run diagnostics and maintain operation logs and documentation. Provide on-call support as needed.
Responsibilities and essential functions will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, when required.
• Construct highly available and secure databases, data warehouses, data marts, and business intelligence platforms.
• Support departmental operations in a high-throughput production environment by proactively managing the performance, integrity, and security of Court Applications' databases and database servers.
• Monitor and maintain disaster recovery solutions for production databases.
• Create databases and database objects such as tables, indexes, views, triggers, and stored procedures.
• Create and maintain customized database reports and perform data analysis.
• Maintain reliability of data and databases, and assist in developing and implementing standards for database maintenance and configuration.
• Synchronize and migrate data and database objects between development, quality assurance, and production environments.
• Support other Database Administrators and Software Applications Developers in best practices for database design, programming, and tuning.
• Work as a member of the technology team to assist in providing maximum availability and support of information technology systems.
• Setup, manage, and maintain database and reporting services security.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience maintaining and administering a SQL Server Reporting Services server.
• Experience with data modeling techniques, including normal form and dimensional modeling.
• Experience with physical data modeling techniques including use of indexes, materialized views, system aggregates, etc.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012+ Operating Systems.
• Must be able to show initiative and flexibility in a dynamic environment.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Experience with Court operations is preferred.
• Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college in Computer Science/Information Systems, math, engineering or related technical field.
• Microsoft Certification or equivalent is a plus.
• Advanced degree is a plus.
• Occasional travel to remote office locations within the State of Oklahoma.
The standard benefits for the State of Oklahoma includes employee leave, retirement and a health plan package.
Applicant must be willing to self-relocate if applicable.
Position open until filled.
Candidates who are eligible to work in the United States are encouraged to apply. The Administrative Office of the Courts will not sponsor a work visa (H-1B, etc.) to fill this position.
As a condition of employment, any successful candidate who receives an offer of employment will be required to pass a background investigation.
The Oklahoma Supreme Court is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.