|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||5/7/2014 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/21/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $40,000.00, based on education and experience/year|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Service Desk Technician for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a generous Benefits Packet, the annual salary is up to $40,000.00, based on education and experience.
The individual in this position will provide superior customer service to the user community and internal support staff. This person must respond to inbound calls within 30 seconds; log tickets and either solve the case or contact the appropriate support group for resolution. Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills are essential. An understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and technologies is required.
• Answer and/or respond to inbound customer calls or email requests.
• Open and record into the Service Desk tracking software all support calls from the user community. Enter all problems related to computer hardware and software or inquiries on how to use specific software such as PeopleSoft, electronic mail and operating systems.
• Work to resolve all technical trouble tickets at the Service Desk before referring to technical support. Increase each year the percentage of cases resolved by the Service Desk.
• Assign and notify Development or Infrastructure Support groups of technical trouble tickets that cannot be resolved by members of the Service Desk.
• Suggest system and process improvements for the Service Desk.
• Other assigned duties.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Two years of professional level experience as a customer service or help desk technician or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
A bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S) in Computer Sciences, Business, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus is preferred.
This position may be filled at a lower level of Service Desk Analyst. Minimum qualifications for a Service Desk Analyst are six months of work experience in a customer service call center or help desk environment.