|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||4/11/2014 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/27/2014 2:15:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Workstation Specialist for Oklahoma County location, providing IT services to the Office of Management and Enterprise Services/Information Services Division serving OKDHS. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. . Benefits Packet
Job Description / Essential Functions:
This position maintains the computers and network systems. Position is needed to eliminate down time due to non-operational computer systems. Position provides technical software and hardware support and upkeep of servers, printers and computers Position performs preventative maintenance; evaluates systems performance; responds to malfunctions & operating problems; identifies and resolves causes.
Duties & Activities:
• Configure, install, and maintain workstations and laptops in a networked environment.
• Install, configure, apply patches, and update operating systems.
• Install, configure, apply patches, and update workstation applications.
• Work with members of the group to analyze workstation, operating system, and application performance. Assist in developing and applying changes to achieve optimum performance. Maintain workstation systems at performance level to meet customer expectations for reliability and stability.
• Provide end user support. Resolve issues pertaining to workstation operation in a networked environment
• Assist in the administration and maintenance of antivirus and other specialized software.
• Assist in maintaining hardware and software inventories.
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Windows XP, Windows 7, Altiris, Remedy, and experience working with end-users. 1 year previous experience installing, troubleshooting and supporting workstations in a networked environment. CompTIA A+ certification or Microsoft Certification is preferred.