INTERNAL AUDITOR II
|Department||MLGCA Video Lottery Terminal|
|Date Opened||1/9/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/23/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Aimee Ringgold|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Work under supervision of Audit Supervisor in conducting scheduled audits of Casinos, Bingo Halls, and VFWs (planning, fieldwork, reporting, follow-up). Assist Audit Supervisor with development of audit documentation (i.e., audit scope and objectives, audit programs, checklists, and testing work papers). This position will answer audit objectives, obtain sufficient and appropriate evidence, support conclusions and form appropriate recommendations that are auditable and feasible. Audits performed in all areas of casino operations (slots, table games, accounting, cage, responsible gambling, marketing, surveillance, security, revenue audits, IT, etc.). Limited scope audits performed at Bingo Hall and VFW facilities.
Assist Audit Supervisor with preparation and review of audit reports.
Travel to Casino, Bingo Hall, and VFW facilities to conduct audits.
Analyze, document, and perform testing of business processes at facilities.
Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
Review and evaluate compliance with internal control policies and procedures approved by the Maryland Lottery Commission.
Conduct interviews with casino personnel to ensure that the casino is complying with documented internal accounting controls.
Assist in daily administration of the Audit Department:
Provide status reports to Audit Supervisor on a weekly basis
Perform special projects as assigned.
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university or a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience conducting financial and operational internal audits that include elements for finance and compliance, economy and efficiency, and program results.
1. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
2. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or a master’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. Applicants may substitute one year of professional accounting experience for one year of auditing experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Internal Review classifications or Auditing specialty codes in the Financial or Auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· CPA or CIA preferred
· Gaming experience preferred
· Financial analysis experience preferred
· IT experience preferred
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your training and experience as found on your application.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|