ELECTION DEPUTY DIRECTOR I
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||1/11/2018 9:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Sylvia Brown|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Queen Anne's County Board of Elections
110 Vincit St. Suite 102
Centreville, MD 21617
Main Purpose of Job
Manages, supervises, plans, develops, administers and performs the fiscal functions and general activities of the office of the Board of Elections in accordance with Registration and Election Laws of Maryland, Maryland Code, federal, state and local laws along with HAVA;
Review laws as necessary to confirm compliance of all laws and existing Board policy and By Laws ensuring the distribution of accurate information;
Demonstrates the ability to analyze, make decisions and recommendations concerning complex and sensitive issues, by utilizing available resources such as the state library, “Go To” meetings, Director meetings, the Registar, the County Bulletin along with MAEO meetings and performing proficiently to guarantee the integrity of all election proceedings;
Maintains managerial responsibilities for the technical and fiscal effectiveness of the Election office to assure efficient flow of performance throughout the agency. Exhibiting knowledge of established State Personnel policies by demonstrating comprehension of supervising the office staff and completing correct course of action for hiring, supervising, training, evaluating, counseling, suspending and terminating employees according to State Personnel regulations;
Administers the preparation and performs the maintenance and implementation of the annual budget, upon approval of the Board, in accordance with County regulations and State directives or mandates by demonstrating knowledge of budgetary management and cost effective accountability;
Demonstrates the ability to establish and coordinate priorities by utilizing resources available in order to meet the demanding schedule of mandated deadlines to guarantee the satisfaction of legal obligations as stated by law;
Displays extensive knowledge of principles and practices of public administration by establishing reliable and trustworthy relationships with the public, elected officials, county agencies, State Board and Local Boards in order to promote effective and supportive service for all;
Provide timely allocation of vital information pertaining to election policies, procedures, laws and regulations to the general public, elected officials, political parties and consistently keeps Board informed in order to assist them in making policy decisions;
Reviews any changes in laws to determine the impact on the conduct of elections and daily workflow.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience applying federal, State and local election laws and regulations applicable to conducting elections.
1. Specialized clerical experience may substitute for the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office at the rate of one year for each six months of the required election office experience. Specialized clerical experience is defined as work in an office which requires reviewing, verifying and interpreting information in order to make determinations and resolve work problems in accordance with policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
2. General clerical experience may substitute for the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office at the rate of two years for each six months of the required election office experience. General clerical experience is defined as work performing a variety of clerical duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, posting data and directing telephone calls.
3. College courses from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of experience.
4. Additional experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience supervising support staff and conducting performance evaluations;
Experience preparing and administering a financial budget;
Experience multi tasking;
Experience training adults in a classroom setting.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with the Election Law Article, 2-207(d).
2. Employees in this classification may not hold or be a candidate for any elective public or political party office or any other office created under the Constitution or laws of this State in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
State Board of Elections
P.O. Box 6486
Annapolis, MD 21401
For questions or to email additional information, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To fax additional information, please fax to 410-974-5126.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by contacting email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|