|Department||MDP Planning Data Services|
|Date Opened||1/12/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kim Williams|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of Planning
301 West Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
The GIS Planner position performs updates to property maps and underlying datasets and GIS data layers utilizing varied data produced both within and outside the Department. The end products from this project are tax assessment (property) maps and the MdProperty View/FINDER GIS products used by this and other State agencies to provide guidance, analysis, outreach and support to ensure that all of the State's natural resources, built environment and public assets are preserved and protected. Property Mapping supports the Administration's (as well as public and private sector) interest in providing essential planning data, information, and analysis, and facilitating the real property assessment process with computerized geo-spatial planning tools. The position works with other staff from Planning, other State agencies, local governments, federal agencies, various stakeholders and the public toward achieving state and Department Property Mapping goals.
This production position in the Property Mapping Unit prepares GIS maps and data to support Departmental projects and corresponding map and data products. This includes the preparation and updating of tax assessment maps and the production of MdProperty View and related products.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Planning.
Experience: One year experience in planning.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Public Administration, Engineering, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Economics, Public Finance, Political Science, Sociology, Regional Science, or Urban Affairs and one additional year of experience in planning for the required degree in Planning.
2. Candidates may substitute a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Planning for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Public Administration, Engineering, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Economics, Public Finance, Political Science, Sociology, Regional Science, or Urban Affairs for the required degree in Planning.
4. Candidates may substitute a Ph.D. from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Public Administration, Engineering, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Economics, Public Finance, Political Science, Sociology, Regional Science, Regional Science, or Urban Affairs for the required education and experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Logistics, Urban Planning, Architect classifications or Logistics, Urban Planning, Architect specialty codes in the Architect field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Two years experience working with ArcGIS software.
Experience editing or creating cadastral data.
Experience with land records.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply on line, the paper application may be submitted to:
301 West Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please call 410-767-3386.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.