ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
Police Training Instructor
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||12/5/2017 10:40:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/19/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kimberly Hare|
This is a Special Appointment position at the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
The incumbent will work at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MD Police and Correctional Training Commissions
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, Maryland 21784
Main Purpose of Job
Some of the duties for this position include:
· Instructing in-service, mandated and police entry level Criminal Justice training classes.
· Evaluates training courses to determine the value of material before it is presented to client agency personnel.
· Evaluates instructors to determine their skill and knowledge base before making a recommendation on the instructor’s ability to present.
· Designs and implements assigned programmatic projects.
· Conducts on-going research to update training materials, lesson plans, and PowerPoint presentations for classes being taught.
· Facilitates/coordinates the delivery of training by other training providers.
· Answers inquires on police training regulations from client agencies and the public.
· Completes special projects as assigned.
· And all other duties as assigned.
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
In order to meet this educational requirement an unofficial copy of your transcript must accompany your application. For education obtained outside the United States, you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
Experience: Three years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet this selective qualification to be considered. Applicants must be detailed in describing the nature of their training/instructional work experience.
Two years of experience as a trainer/instructor of Police and/or Correctional Officers developing and delivering training.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualification is preferred, not required:
A valid Academic Instructor certification under COMAR 12.04.06 or 12.10.06 or achieve such certification within six months of beginning employment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
All persons who meet the minimum and selective qualifications will be approved on the certification list and will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail the Maryland State Application (paper) by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
Recruitment Number 17-007728-0005
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3060
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|