|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||5/16/2017 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/30/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Kristina Metzger|
This is a PART-TIME CONTRACTUAL position.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Researches and develops model policies, training programs and data reporting procedures and processes required by legislative mandates
- Manages race-based traffic stop data collection, and is the point of contact for all police agencies on this project
- Serves as the race-based traffic stop data manager for the State of Maryland
- Develops, updates and presents training to administrators and operators of speed cameras
- Serves as the speed camera program trainer for all police agencies approved for and operating speed camera equipment
- Provides assistance to GOCCP and police agency personnel with questions and program mandates/modifications required by the Legislature
- Provides assistance to client police agencies on regulations, legislative mandates and other inquiries related to assigned or mandated projects
- Fulfills data reporting requirements for the Legislature
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in Public Safety.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year to year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualification is preferred, not required:
- One year of experience conducting police/corrections research and preparing model policies
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and writing skills
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Kristina Metzger
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3397.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.