|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||10/31/2017 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/14/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kimberly Hare|
This is a Special Appointment position at the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions. The incumbent will work at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MD Police and Correctional Training Commissions
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, Maryland 21784
Main Purpose of Job
Some of the duties for this position include:
· Manages and monitors Financial Management Information System (FMIS) reports related to accounts payable, and provides inquiring vendors with status information regarding payment and postings.
· Reconciles and processes all expense account reports for travel-related reimbursement, credit cards, including travel that is funded through the Community College of Baltimore County – Essex Fund, and other agency expenditures through that fund.
· Inputs accurate and complete journal entries in FMIS.
· Oversees and reconciles inventories – office, janitorial supplies, maintenance supplies and uniforms.
· Serves as the primary backup for the agency’s Fiscal Administrator, and in the absence of the Fiscal Administrator, maintains the critical operations of that office.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
In order to meet this educational requirement an unofficial copy of your transcript must accompany your application or the coursework must be listed on your application.
Experience: Two years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
All persons who meet the minimum and selective qualifications will be approved on the certification list and will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: K. Hare
Recruitment # - 17-006732-0004
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3060
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.