Performance Improvement & Research Manager
|Department||Department of Aging|
|Date Opened||3/10/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/24/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $80,078.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Althea Gibson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
301 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
As the Manager of Performance Improvement and Research, the employee will lead efforts to analyze existing state and federal programs and identify effective models of service to best serve older adults. The employee will be responsible for studying existing and potential programs preparing quantitative and qualitative analyses and recommendations to Department leadership.
In collaboration with MDoA program managers, division chiefs, and executives, this position will work to establish a Department wide quality assurance program aimed at improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness across multiple program areas. Finally, the employee will be responsible for identifying areas of weakness in Department programs and working with program managers and other Department members to recommend improvements.
The candidate should have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, have excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail and consistency in follow-up, have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneous tasks with different deadlines and coordinate different yet simultaneous projects.
This position is a special appointment position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year to year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Masters Degree in Public Administration, Health Administration, Business, or other related field
2. Two years experience implementing Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement initiatives
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Amanda Karnezis
For inquires regarding this recruitment, please call 410-767-4850.
For education obtained outside of the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.