Licensed Practical Nurse III Adv
|Department||DPSCS General Administration|
|Date Opened||11/13/2017 3:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/27/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Kimberly Hare|
This is a full-time contractual position within the Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services. This position will require frequent travel to enter into correctional facilities throughout the State of Maryland to include Allegany County, Washington County, Carroll County, Howard County, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, Charles County, Somerset County, Wicomico County, and Queen Anne's County. This employee may be assigned to day, evening night or rotating shifts which may include some weekends. Employees may be subject to overtime based on staffing needs.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MD Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services
Human Resources Services Division - Nursing Services
18800 Roxbury Road
Hagerstown, Maryland 21746
Main Purpose of Job
Some of the duties for this position include:
· Provides vaccination in the Hepatitis B program for the Departmental correctional employees and new hires. Participates in the implementation of the Hepatitis B prevention and control program. Coordinates the program schedule and logistics with facilities management. Medically manages employees who present with adverse reactions post-vaccination.
· Provides annual evaluation, testing, and ensures medical management of Departmental correctional employees for the prevention and control of Tuberculosis in the workplace.
· Responsible for the proper management and control of medications, medical equipment, and all other resources used in the performance of assigned duties. This includes, but is not limited to, proper completion and submission of sharps control documentation, proper storage of medication, placing timely supply orders to ensure appropriate inventories of supplies, timely submission of travel requisitions and expense reports.
· Responsible for ensuring proper completion and dissemination of all required Departmental documentation for Hepatitis B and TB prevention and control programs. Documents and maintains required charts, reports and individual health records on patients and, as directed, keeps physicians, registered nurses and other designated personnel informed of same.
· Has lead responsibility for clinical and administrative support staff in the Employee Infection Control Unit. Instructs, trains, and participates in information sharing relating to the practices, roles and responsibilities.
· Investigates and reports incidences of non-compliant correctional employees.
Education: Determined by the Maryland Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Practical Nurses.
Experience: Three years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All persons who meet the minimum and selective qualification will be approved on the certification list and will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
To submit your qualifying documents, the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Online applications are STRONGLY recommended. If you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
Recruitment Number 17-005379-0001
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3060.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|