HR OFFICER I (C17030/100585)
|Department||DHCD - Office of Management Services|
|Date Opened||11/1/2017 1:18:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/15/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$19.83 - $25.62/per hour (Grade 15/ Base to Step 9 with potential growth to $31.56)|
|HR Analyst||Ronnie Hammond|
This is a contractual position with limited benefits.
Work that Matters. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is a national leader in the financing and development of affordable housing and community development lending. The office of Human Resources is dedicated to collaborating with all the Department division and offices to maximize the potential of our greatest asset - our employees. We focus on delivering quality customer services internally and externally. We are committed to recruiting, developing, compensating and retaining a talented and highly skilled workforce to better serve the citizens of Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Housing and Community Development Headquarters Office is located in Prince George's County at the New Carrollton Metro stop.
Experience: Two years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation.
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
3. Thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, human resources management, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field may be substituted for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to: Mr. Ronnie Hammond, Department of Housing & Community Development Office of Human Resources, 7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706. All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Mr. Ronnie Hammond, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Last 4 of SS
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in these positions and cannot apply online please fill out the revised paper application which can be found on JobAps. For questions concerning these positions, please call 301-429-7514.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.