PSCS Social Worker Supv, Criminal Justice
|Department||DPSCS Dorsey Run Correctional Facility|
|Date Opened||8/29/2017 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/13/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Starting salary is $49,899.00/year (With potential growth to $80,078.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Thomasine Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
*The current vacancy is at the location below. However this recruitment will be used to fill future vacancies in other DPSCS institutions. Therefore, we encourage you to apply at this time. Please select all of the locations in which you will accept employment.
2020 Toulson Road, Jessup, Maryland 20784
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide a full range of Social Work services to inmates housed in a correctional facility within the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.
Directly supervise subordinate staff and recommend personnel actions.
Complete periodic evaluation of staff.
Assigns and reviews work of subordinate staff/student interns. Identify staff/student training needs. Provide individual counseling.
Provide clinical case management services and develop compressive aftercare plans for eligible inmate.
Facilitate or co-facilitate therapeutic groups as needed.
Complete domestic violence, release planning and other screenings as assigned.
Coordinate programs with other activities in the facility.
Participate in institutional, regional and divisional staff meetings as required; serve on special task force and work groups as assigned; and attend institutional and other meetings as assigned.
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
Experience: Four years of experience providing clinical and therapeutic services through the application of the principles, methods and procedures of professional social work to clients requiring rehabilitative counseling or forensic social work services, including eighteen months of experience completing assessments, formulating diagnostic impressions, treating mental disorders and other conditions or providing psychotherapy as a certified social worker-clinical.
1. A doctoral degree in social work from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology or Welfare fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a certified social worker-clinical by the State Board of Social Work Examiners for eighteen months prior to appointment to social work supervisor positions in State service. (COMAR 10.42.08.04(2)(b) effective July 1, 2004).
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension or dismissal.
2. Employees must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees must qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
4. Employees are required to complete the Correctional First Line Supervisors Training within one year of appointment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
Attn: T. Johnson
For more information, please call 410-585-3117.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.