**REPOST** AGENCY PROJECT ENGINEER/ARCHITECT II
|Department||DNR - Engineering and Construction|
|Date Opened||10/5/2017 2:58:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/19/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Khia Poteat|
This recruitment has been reopened. If you previously applied, you do not need to reapply.
This is a position specific recruitment for the Department of Natural Resources, Engineering and Construction Unit. This recruitment will be used to fill current vacancies for the position and may be used to fill future vacancies in the same classification/function. Future vacancies may also be filled via other recruitments. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
For education obtained outside of the United States (U.S.), you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the U.S., please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html with the application.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience as a design and project manager engineer or architect for agency capital and operating construction, maintenance and system services projects.
1. Additional experience as an engineer or architect in the building construction field involving the design, construction or repair of building structures or system services may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements may be substituted for the education and experience requirements.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Architecture field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
• Knowledgeable in the use of AutoCAD software and related CAD programs to develop professional quality drawings.
• Good working knowledge of various types of construction with regards to standards, codes, means and methods.
The selected candidate should have experience and be able to demonstrate success in the following areas:
• Knowledge of multiple types of construction associated with maintenance, repairs, renovations and construction of: buildings, roads, utilities and other forms of site work.
• Strong interpersonal skills regarding making decisions, communication, respect toward others, customer service, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, prioritize workloads, conduct meeting, maintain official records/files and evaluate progress from concept to completion.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of various levels of knowledge and experience, both written and verbally.
• Proficient in the use of computers using standard office software such as word and excel.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered. Please include it on your application, if applicable.
This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
The Human Resource Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Khia Poteat at firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.