|Department||MLGCA Administration and Operations|
|Date Opened||11/9/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/23/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Aimee Ringgold|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The incumbent will be responsible for performing a variety of financial duties associated with the agency’s general ledger including processing and/or reviewing journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, reconciling bank accounts, maintaining fixed asset inventory records and preparing various financial reports and supporting schedules. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring all general ledger accounts are properly analyzed and reconciled on a weekly and/or monthly basis. The incumbent will assist in the preparation of financial reports used by Lottery management and outside parties as well as monthly special-purpose financial statements and year-end GAAP statements. The incumbent will also be responsible for reconciling and analyzing the Lottery’s several bank accounts, reconciling and reporting prizewinners’ withholding taxes and agent earnings. The incumbent will be responsible for the accuracy of the financial accounting of the Lottery and Video Lottery Terminals at casino locations. This includes online and instant sales, commissions, prizes paid, subscription sales, Gross Terminal Revenues, table games revenues, deferred sales, cash disbursements and receipts journals, administrative expenses, reconciling license fees, working fund reconciliation, etc.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience preparing and reconciling journal entries
Experience using FMIS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper applications.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may submit a paper application and resume to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency
1800 Washington Blvd., Suite 330
ATTN: Human Resources Department
Baltimore, MD 21230
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|