FISCAL ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN II
|Department||DNR - Finance and Administrative Service|
|Date Opened||3/20/2017 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/3/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,364.00 - $50,818.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Finance and Administrative Services, is currently accepting applications for a Fiscal Accounts Technician II. The primary purpose of this position is to manage the Accounts Receivable automated billing system for the entire DNR by preparing invoices from billing requests for services rendered and ensuring accounting codes are accurate.
The incumbent will maintain records of receivables and unpaid accounts according to policies and regulations of the Maryland Central Collection Unit. In addition, the incumbent will manage the DNR Working Fund account, issuing salary advances, travel advances and other emergency expenditures for the entire agency.
Additional duties will include:
- auditing returned expense accounts and receipts prior to submitting to the General Accounting Division for reimbursement
- ensuring all policies, procedures and COMAR regulations are followed
- maintaining a database of permanent advances for over 50 field offices of petty cash, change funds or checking accounts, including the reconciliation of those accounts to the Maryland State Treasurer's Office's records
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reconciling agency accounting systems to fiscal control systems or developing automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports using accounting software packages or identifying budget trends and recommending budget realignments.
1. Candidates may substitute experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
Experience with automated billing systems is preferred.
Attention to detail is preferred.
Excellent customer service skills are preferred.
Good verbal and written communication skills are preferred.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be scheduled to take a Microsoft Word and Excel assessment test. Those applicants who pass the assessment test will continue through the selection process.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.