FISCAL ACCOUNTS CLERK II
|Department||DLLR - Racing - Maryland Racing Commission|
|Date Opened||9/27/2017 8:40:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/11/2017 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,702.00 - $44,812.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Ernestine Hyman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Applications and Posting of Applications - Responsible for the receipt and verification of all completed applications and deposit tickets related to harness & thoroughbred racing to assure that documentation supports the amounts recorded in FMIS. This is done by reviewing: documents sent from the track or received through the mail, information recorded in the AS400.
- Telephone and Mail - Answer the telephone queries from race tracks as well as various licensees in a polite and professional manner. Transfer difficult queries to supervisor. Open, date stamp and distribute mail to racing commission employees.
- Supplies and Invoices - Order supplies for the Maryland Racing Commission office and track licensing office as requested through use of ADPICS. Track payment of all invoices for the Commission from receipt in office until payment appears in R*STARS through use of an excel spreadsheet.
- Posting of Fines - Maintain a record of all fines that have been imposed on licensees by the Judges and Stewards to ensure timely and complete payment, through use of an Excel spreadsheet. Type letters to applicants to inform them that they passed a NSF check.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting and balancing financial transactions.
1. Experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required high school education.
2. Six credit hours in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. A minimum of five courses or six months of accounting-related training in a vocational training program in subjects such as journalizing transactions, analyzing transactions into debits and credits, posting to a general ledger, payroll, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
Experience in QuickBooks
Experience in Excel spreadsheets
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc.:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience addressing the specific qualifications shown above. Required documentation (diplomas, transcripts, certifications, licenses, etc.) must be submitted at the time of interview. Failure to submit the documentation will result in the application being considered denied.
Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible list categorized as Best Qualified, Better Qualified or Qualified.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Administration
ATTN: Ernestine Hyman (17-004518-0024)
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Room 101
Baltimore, Maryland 21201 For Further questions regarding this job announcement please contact Ernestine Hyman at 410-230-6298 or via email at Ernestine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.