FAMILY SERVICES CASEWORKER II
|Department||DHS - Charles County DSS|
|Filing Deadline||10/10/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$19,440.00 - $25,060.00/year with potential growth to $30,845.50/year|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
This recruitment is for a part-time position located in Charles County, which is located in Southern Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Charles County Department of Social Services
200 Kent Avenue
La Plata, MD 20646
Main Purpose of Job
Full-performance level of work providing direct social services to troubled individuals or families. These social services are designed to sustain and improve the social, health, economic, behavioral and emotional functioning of customers. This position functions in Out of Home.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to job duties.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate behavioral science, such as: child development, sociology, social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, criminology, juvenile justice, human growth and development, human services, mental health or human resources management that includes at least 30 credit hours in human services or human development.
Experience: Two years providing casework or community organizational services in a public or private social service agency.
1. Possession of a Social Work Associate license from the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners can be substituted for one year of the experience.
2. These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Human Services Article, Title 4, Subtitle 2, Section (c) (1) of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The preferred candidate will posses a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in any of the following majors: Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Family Science, Family Studies, Family and Human Services, Human Development, Pedology, Rehabilitation Counseling, and Industrial and Organizational Counseling.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Must be willing to accept employment in Charles County, which is located in Southern Md.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test before being granted permanent employment status.
2. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Resources. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be subject to on-call duty and may be required to provide telephone numbers at which they can be reached.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.