IT FUNCTIONAL ANALYST II [C12007]
Data and Technology Manager
|Department||DHCD - Div of Neighborhood Revitalization|
|Date Opened||3/15/2017 1:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/29/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$21.10 - 27.33/hour (Grade 16/base - step 9)|
|HR Analyst||Drew Holcombe|
This is a contractual position with limited benefits.
Work that matters. The Maryland Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD) is a national leader in community development and affordable housing. Our team needs a candidate who will challenge the status quo, effectively communicate excitement about grants management, independently implement practical and efficient solutions, believe change is good and want to come to work knowing that what they do makes a difference. DHCD has an immediate opening for a Data and Technology Manager in its Division of Neighborhood Revitalization. This individual must be a highly organized and detail -oriented, self-motivated, team player, with experience managing database driven software systems in the public sector.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Information Technology or other related field with specific coursework in the structure and use of automated information systems.
Experience: One year of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe computers or large client server platforms.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two additional years of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe or large client server platforms may be substituted for the required education.
- Experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, database or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Nonprofit, foundation or government program administration experience
- Familiarity with life-cycle grants management, workflow and process management, and grants accounting within government
- Experience with structured query language and sequel to work with Microsoft Access relational data bases and/or Microsoft Access’ Query Designer
- Experience with the design, development, implementation and controls for relational data bases
- Experience with data management and data analysis, including but not limited to collecting, filtering, verifying, and analyzing data, in order to optimize data quality
- Familiarity with GIS Mapping
- Familiarity with work flow modeling and business process management
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
The Department offers a flexible work schedule, telework and job sharing options; training, advancement and career path opportunities; casual business dress on Fridays and competitive salary.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to: Mr. Drew Holcombe, Department of Housing & Community Development Office of Human Resources, 7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706. All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Mr. Drew Holcombe, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Last 4 of SS#
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in these positions and cannot apply online please fill out the revised paper application which can be found on JobAps. For questions concerning these positions, please call 301-429-7546.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|