Enterprise Modernization Software Development Director
IT ASSISTANT DIRECTOR IV
|Department||Worker's Compensation Commission|
|Date Opened||11/9/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$68,959-$100,660, with potential growth to $110,729|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Barrett|
Imagine coming to work every morning with the task of creating a completely new, state-of-the-art software application suite with a forward looking design to support the Commission’s objectives today and into the future. Envision yourself as a leader in developing solutions with coworkers that will allow them to do their jobs faster, better, and easier, and at the same time, serve fellow Marylanders more efficiently. Consider what it would be like to help change Maryland for the better. This is public service today.
The Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission seeks to secure the equitable and timely administration of the provisions of the Maryland Workers' Compensation law on behalf of its customer, the injured workers and their employers, by providing an efficient forum for the resolution of individual claims.
The Workers' Compensation Commission envisions a state wherein injured workers and employers are empowered to create an equitable partnership to facilitate prompt and fair resolution of workers' compensation matters.
Together we profoundly touch the lives of so many people and have enormous responsibility to the community by fulfilling our mission of securing equitable and timely administration of the law. The Commission continues to provide services to our constituent partners at a level rarely met throughout the United States. The professionalism, work ethic, and technological acumen manifest in our operations allows us to smoothly and effectively manage the challenges which invariably arise. Every division within the agency plays a vital role in keeping us in the forefront nationally...ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AND PURSUE YOUR CAREER PASSION WITH A NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED LEADER?
LOCATION OF POSITION
10 E. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
*Previous applicants need not apply
The Enterprise Modernization Software Development Director is responsible for providing software development technical and leadership skills to support the WCC Enterprise Modernization project. The individual in this position will lead a software development team in designing, creating, testing, deploying, and documenting a modernized suite of applications using a low-code/no-code development toolset (Bizagi Modeler/Studio/Engine) in a Microsoft SQL Server environment. The modernized systems and processes delivered will support claimants, attorneys, employers, insurers, Commission employees, and other users of Commission services.
- Understand customer business drivers, key use cases, and high level business objectives
- Collaborate with client IT and development staff, and with other Bizagi consultants, to transform client requirements into automated solutions using Bizagi’s BPM platform
- Lead Bizagi implementation from a technical perspective, including integration with 3rd party and legacy systems
- Provide technical input into requirements for “To Be” processes, including process design, data models, business rules, and management information
- Test developed solutions for conformance with requirements, and to ensure quality
- Define standards and methods for technical implementation
- Facilitate communication and ensure alignment between process modelling teams and technical teams
- Support final testing and roll out of production deployment
- Mentor Bizagi team members, and provide technical training to clients
- Create and present actionable technical documentation
- Become a Bizagi platform expert, with deep, hands-on technical and functional knowledge
- Contribute to Bizagi best practices and continuous improvement
Education: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or a related scientific or technical discipline; or three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field (or provide accreditation of a foreign college or university degree by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)); (Note: A Master’s degree is preferred.)
Experience: Ten (10) years of experience developing enterprise–level, of which at least five (5) years must be experience building data models, integrating external applications and data sources, designing forms, defining business and work allocation rules, and executing application processes using low-code/no-code toolsets.
The following are required qualifications. Candidates MUST POSSESS the following:
- Must have at least ten (10) years of experience planning, designing, building, and implementing IT application systems. This individual must have led or been chief architect in a major IT applications implementation effort. This individual must also have a strong background in software engineering principles and techniques.
- At least five (5) years of experience developing enterprise–level applications with low–code/no code tools, of which at least three (3) years must be experience building data models, integrating external applications and data sources, designing forms, defining business and work allocation rules, and executing application processes using Bizagi Modeler, Bizagi Studio and Bizagi Engine
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong understanding of the system development life cycle (SDLC), DevOps, or similar methodologies, frameworks, and best practices for software development projects and IT service delivery
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills including ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization and experience engaging and working with vendors/partners to effectively deliver projects
- Experience planning, designing, and transforming legacy systems, business process reengineering, organizational change, and integrating multiple large scale technology components including enterprise content management (ECM), case management, and secure web based business systems
- Employee may be required to be on-call or occasionally or asked to work outside of normal work hours or on weekends for production emergencies as well as planned system upgrades and therefore required to provide the agency with a telephone number or other mutually agreeable contact method where the employee can be reached.
- Employee may be required to drive to Agency Regional Site locations and must have a valid MD Driver's License.
Applications will be evaluated based on the materials submitted in relation to the above position responsibilities and requirements. Therefore, it is important to provide complete and accurate information. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Workers' Compensation Commission
10 E. Baltimore Street, 7th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Workers' Compensation Commission is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of WCC that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.