IT ASSISTANT DIRECTOR II
Director - Technical Services ***RE-POST***
|Department||DPSCS Information Technology & Communications Div|
|Date Opened||1/31/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/14/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$60,543.00/year (with potential growth up to $97,203.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Cynthia Wingate|
This is a MANAGEMENT SERVICES position with the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services. The incumbent serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the operation and activities of the Technical Services Unit. Leads the planning process within the unit; oversees all aspects of the work-flow between the Technical Services Unit and the Applications Unit; leads and manages the process of evaluating and improving workflow efficiency.
- Evaluate the performance of subordinate employees. It is the responsibility of the position to keep abreast of the performance of employees in this section and to insure evaluations are performed in accordance with established guidelines. Directs and participates in the planning, data loading, configuring, maintenance, general oversight of the department's mainframe system.
- Preparation of the budget request for all related system hardware, software, staff, and contractual procurements.
- Oversees the collection and extrapolation of all Technical Services' statistics and the preparation of reports.
- Document Technical Services' policies and procedures.
- Attends meetings, participates in special projects and serves on committees relating to the Mainframe system.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Systems, Cyber Security or other information technology related field.
Experience: Three years experience managing mainframe operations.
1. Candidates may substitute 2 years of additional experience for 1 year of the required education up to all 4 years of the required education.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Cynthia Wingate
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.